2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

Great stuff indeed in that episode.

-Loved Walt calling Jr. "Jesse" when he was trying to nurse him back to health.

-Jesse f***ing with the chemist was great, especially at the party where Don Elario basically slammed his own guy by saying he couldn't do what Jesse did even with all of his college degrees.

-The curveball with Beneke was awesome. You could have figured he would go settle with the IRS, instead he buys himself a new Mercedes and reopens the business.

-Is Walt breaking down, or was that all staged with his crying scene? The whole "how you remember thing" is a great dual meaning, not only with seeing him in a stupor, but what about when Walt gets caught for being the best supplier of meth around?

-Will the remnants of the cartel through the rest of Mexico let Gus, Mike, and Jesse make it back to the US?

-If they were in the middle of Mexico, where were all of the Latinas at? They had an awful lot of white girls in bikinis at that party.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 07:36 AM)
-The curveball with Beneke was awesome. You could have figured he would go settle with the IRS, instead he buys himself a new Mercedes and reopens the business.

That whole plotline is obvious and stupid. OF COURSE he wasn't going to settle with the IRS. He's not that type of person.

That was the only bad part of last night's episode. The rest (especially the stuff with the cartel) was amazing.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 09:16 AM)
It was an oddly self-referential episode, which is really out of character for the show. Either way, I thought it was a terrible episode. Perhaps it will grow on me with extra viewings.

I didn't think it was terrible but it was flat and makes me wonder if they're just running out of ideas. The limo scene was just stupid imo.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 07:36 AM)
Great stuff indeed in that episode.

-Loved Walt calling Jr. "Jesse" when he was trying to nurse him back to health.

-Jesse f***ing with the chemist was great, especially at the party where Don Elario basically slammed his own guy by saying he couldn't do what Jesse did even with all of his college degrees.

-Is Walt breaking down, or was that all staged with his crying scene? The whole "how you remember thing" is a great dual meaning, not only with seeing him in a stupor, but what about when Walt gets caught for being the best supplier of meth around?

-Will the remnants of the cartel through the rest of Mexico let Gus, Mike, and Jesse make it back to the US?

-If they were in the middle of Mexico, where were all of the Latinas at? They had an awful lot of white girls in bikinis at that party.

I'm sure there are plenty of white whores in Mexico just for the Cartel alone. That didn't bother me. Plus, you may or may not know, there are plenty of European-looking people in certain areas of Mexico.

I think Walt was definitely breaking down before he fell asleep, but the whole speech after he woke up could go either way.

Also, it took me like 5 minutes to realize that the Mexican chemist was the mob boss in Boondock Saints.

QUOTE (Felix @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 07:45 AM)
That whole plotline is obvious and stupid. OF COURSE he wasn't going to settle with the IRS. He's not that type of person.

That was the only bad part of last night's episode. The rest (especially the stuff with the cartel) was amazing.

Skylar, much like Gemma on Sons Of Anarchy, seems to have a lot of story lines that seem forced into the series. With Gemma, it's because the actress is married to the show's creator. I'm not sure why it happens with Skylar. Either way, I think this story line ends with Beneke dead. I think he'll realize that Skylar could only have gotten that money in some illegal fashion and will attempt to blackmail her. I don't think it's going to end well for him, no matter which way it goes.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 09:33 AM)
The Emmy's apparently didn't get notice that Modern Family wasn't very funny this year.

Disagreed.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 09:33 AM)
The Emmy's apparently didn't get notice that Modern Family wasn't very funny this year.

Do you believe all shows get worse with age or something? Modern family was as hilarious as ever with by far the best writing of any Comedy up for that award.

According to the little clip I watched on AMC's website w/ the cast commentating on the episode, Walt was heavily medicated when his son was over, and therefor he let his "tough guy" guard down and let out his emotions. He slipped out of character while on those pills, and when he woke up the next morning, he wanted to set the record straight with his son that he is not a weak person.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 11:09 AM)
According to the little clip I watched on AMC's website w/ the cast commentating on the episode, Walt was heavily medicated when his son was over, and therefor he let his "tough guy" guard down and let out his emotions. He slipped out of character while on those pills, and when he woke up the next morning, he wanted to set the record straight with his son that he is not a weak person.

So, it's pretty much like I said.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 11:00 AM)
Skylar, much like Gemma on Sons Of Anarchy, seems to have a lot of story lines that seem forced into the series. With Gemma, it's because the actress is married to the show's creator. I'm not sure why it happens with Skylar. Either way, I think this story line ends with Beneke dead. I think he'll realize that Skylar could only have gotten that money in some illegal fashion and will attempt to blackmail her. I don't think it's going to end well for him, no matter which way it goes.

Eh, her character fits into the show well. I know she isn't the most popular or anything, but up until Walt went into the meth business, it makes sense that his wife would be a bit more strong minded than he would. It also makes sense that they would fight for power now.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 11:04 AM)
Do you believe all shows get worse with age or something? Modern family was as hilarious as ever with by far the best writing of any Comedy up for that award.

I like Modern Family but don't think it was better than Parks and Recreation last year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 02:18 PM)
Eh, her character fits into the show well. I know she isn't the most popular or anything, but up until Walt went into the meth business, it makes sense that his wife would be a bit more strong minded than he would. It also makes sense that they would fight for power now.

She definitely has a necessary purpose on the show, but she is overused and forced into the plot at times. The same can be said of Gemma, but that situation is much, much worse.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 07:52 PM)
I'm kind of disappointed in the lack of talk about last night's Breaking Bad. It was so freaking good.

Besides too much Walter Jr, that was a great episode. Especially the scenes that took place in Mexico.

Next week should be interesting.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 02:18 PM)

Let me just clarify that I don't hate Skylar and I have no problems with her being involved in the business like she is. However, the plotline with Benneke is obvious and moronic. There's no reason for it.

This roast isn't the best, but it's got a few pretty big laughs in it. Nobody has really sucked, which is good.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 09:05 PM)
Besides too much Walter Jr, that was a great episode. Especially the scenes that took place in Mexico.

Next week should be interesting.

I don't think Walt Jr. was overused. Why do you say that?