2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Sep 21, 2011 -> 12:43 PM)
It's difficult to watch random episodes since a season is one story. Try season 1, 2, or 3. After that, they largely ran out of ideas and it became ridiculous.

Eh, if they can't draw me in from the handful of episodes that I've seen, it doesn't seem worth "trying" to like it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 21, 2011 -> 11:31 AM)
Yes. No one wants the clown to have emotions. Sure, one season of Barney/Robin I'll choke through and hate... but we're going on our third here.

Eventually the show had to go that way. I really can't wait to see who the mother is, then to go back and watch it again to pick up on the hints.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 21, 2011 -> 01:09 PM)
Eventually the show had to go that way. I really can't wait to see who the mother is, then to go back and watch it again to pick up on the hints.

I don't watch this show, but from everything I've ever heard about it, they're just making s*** up as they go and they haven't had a mother picked out the entire time (let alone dropping hints throughout the run).

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Sep 21, 2011 -> 12:43 PM)
It's difficult to watch random episodes since a season is one story. Try season 1, 2, or 3. After that, they largely ran out of ideas and it became ridiculous.

I think it was season 5 where my wife and I just never bothered putting the next DVD in because it just got too stupid. The first 3 or 4 were great, though.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 21, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but a new JJ Abrams show is coming mid-season for Fox:

http://www.fox.com/programming/shows/?sh=alcatraz

Looks pretty sweet.

I mentioned it like 5 months ago, but had totally forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 06:16 AM)
The 2nd episode of Modern Family was 100x better than the first. When Luke told Lily, "This isn't over!", I started rolling.

Yeah, all the Lilly s*** was hilarious. "Kill the baby" muttered from the other room. I enjoyed both episodes, but yeah, the 2nd was better.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 09:58 PM)
Didn't make it longer than two minutes watching Whitney due to the TERRIBLE laugh track.

If it was on CBS, it would be the most watched show on TV. I mean, is it really any different than a CBS sitcom, they just recycle 20 year old crap anyway.

Edited by JPN366