2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 09:58 PM)
Didn't make it longer than two minutes watching Whitney due to the TERRIBLE laugh track.

I was done after 10 minutes. Not because of the laugh track but because of how bad it was.

Community was meh. I liked the gag about Britta joining the Ruiners club.

Park and Rec was awesome as usual. The little scene with Swanson and Tammy 1 at the end was great and it wasn't even 1 minutue long.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 10:49 PM)
The scene with the homeless guys was absolutely hysterical, besides that I thought it was pretty average, pretty much like last week.

See, the scene with the homeless guys to me was the worst. I was absolutely losing it during the musical montage of Frank/Mac partying on the boat, Dennis and Dee during their hell of a night, and Charlie and the Waitress picking up trash and dead animals along the beach and acting like it was glorious.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 07:37 AM)
I was done after 10 minutes. Not because of the laugh track but because of how bad it was.

Community was meh. I liked the gag about Britta joining the Ruiners club.

Park and Rec was awesome as usual. The little scene with Swanson and Tammy 1 at the end was great and it wasn't even 1 minutue long.

I like how Ron grew a beard in like a day or two. That show just delivers... I'm excited to see Andy as Leslie's assistant. April keeps getting hotter. Tommy Haverford is a God. Funniest show on television.

Community was whacky, which I enjoy.

The Office truly, truly surprised me and threw everyone for a loop with Andy being the actual Manager, while Spader is the new CEO. I enjoyed that episode and like the direction we're headed. Andy was the one I wanted to get the gig all along.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 09:18 AM)
I like how Ron grew a beard in like a day or two. That show just delivers... I'm excited to see Andy as Leslie's assistant. April keeps getting hotter. Tommy Haverford is a God. Funniest show on television.

April does look cute with the shorter hair. She will nothing be more than cute to me though. The bra with Tom and John Ralphio's face was hilarious as well.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 09:18 AM)

Community was whacky, which I enjoy.

The Office truly, truly surprised me and threw everyone for a loop with Andy being the actual Manager, while Spader is the new CEO. I enjoyed that episode and like the direction we're headed. Andy was the one I wanted to get the gig all along.

Told you guys that it would be Andy as the new manager.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 02:12 AM)
I don't think Person of Interest is for me. I want to like it but the Pilot just seemed too convenient.

Just watched it as well. Caviezel basically played his Count of Monte Cristo character in the pilot. It's a great concept for a show, but like you said, a little too convenient.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 11:04 PM)
For a second, I was getting worried that they were going to rehash an old storyline, but they've gone and f***ed my whole world up again. I can't imagine there ever being a show that was better than this.

I still think I'd take the Wire over Breaking Bad, but it's getting closer and closer with each episode.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 11:41 PM)
By the way, what happened to Beneke? Surely they can't be trying to make us think he killed himself when he fell, right? Because I assume they were mad because it made it look like they beat his ass for the signature, not that they were nice to him about it.

What? He tripped over the carpet and flew head first into a (likely marble?) slab at full speed. They showed his finger move, so he may live, but that can certainly kill a person.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 01:04 AM)
Boardwalk Empire premiere tonight. Decent, but not great. Seems like they spent most of the time setting stuff up; wasn't too much action on the whole. The stuff with Van Alden was pretty good, though. Such a strange character.

Oh nice, I'll have to watch it tomorrow. I just finished S1 a few days ago.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 11:53 PM)
Yeah, I know.....what part about my comment confused you?

Oh, I went back and reread it. It seemed confusing, but I get it. My bad.

I don't think they're angry (Saul and the heavies). There shouldn't be any evidence that they were there, and I'm sure they can have it cleaned up pretty quickly if they needed it. Just drop the letter in the mailbox and there's no problem on their end. The problem is going to be for Walt and his family.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 12:04 AM)
Boardwalk Empire premiere tonight. Decent, but not great. Seems like they spent most of the time setting stuff up; wasn't too much action on the whole. The stuff with Van Alden was pretty good, though. Such a strange character.

To say the least. I like the character, but in weird way. I'm actually surprised at how much I forgot from last season on that show.