2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 02:15 PM)
Why the hell doesn't FX have any episodes of Sons of Anarchy on their website?

I've actually been recording each episode to a DVD-RW (I don't have DVR) and when we finally had time to sit and watch the first episode the disc kept skipping. Now I have no chance at catching up at all this season.

kat.ph

enter that into your web browser, and enjoy

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 08:46 AM)
It's funny how absolute nothing has changed in that show. Characters make the same jokes, Ted's in the same spot with women, Barney continues some ridiculous sexual quest, etc.

That part is wrong, sadly.

I hate HIMYM now, I only still watch it because the wife wants to stick with it to see who the mother is.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 08:46 AM)
I stopped watching the show about 3 season ago, but happened to catch most of last nights. It's funny how absolute nothing has changed in that show. Characters make the same jokes, Ted's in the same spot with women, Barney continues some ridiculous sexual quest, etc.

Why do you think it's her though? She said Robin is the reason they'd never work, and doesn't he always tell his kids about "Aunt Robin?" That would suggest she's still an important part of his life.

On another note, I watched Terra Nova. I really agreed with the two guys from AV Club that reviewed the show. It has a chance to be really good and at the same time it has a chance of being really bad. It's walking a very fine line. But since this was just the first 2 hours, I saw enough potential that i'm going to stick with it.

With her being a caterer and working at weddings was the first hint. That thing about Robin, and the fact that Robin isn't around in the future. She is working somewhere completely different. It also didn't feel like it was the end between them.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 08:58 AM)
by the way, when was it decided not to worry about BB spoilers the day after the episode airs?

It's not a films thread. I just avoided this thread until this morning because I watched Breaking Bad last night. The thread is for discussing television, and normally people talk about episodes after they air. We can't be using a spoiler tag on every post.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 12:04 AM)
Boardwalk Empire premiere tonight. Decent, but not great. Seems like they spent most of the time setting stuff up; wasn't too much action on the whole. The stuff with Van Alden was pretty good, though. Such a strange character.

I thought it was pretty good, some interesting developments. Last season started out the same way, slowly while developing the characters/storylines. It will get going soon enough. Great show.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 09:29 AM)
Boardwalk Empire: Jimmy and his mother have a very odd relationship. I'm thinking she molested him when he was younger.

In this episode she did tell Jimmy's wife something along the lines of "When Jimmy was young, I used to kiss his winkie".

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 08:54 AM)
Walt figured that out when Ben "fired him" vs splattering the desert floor with his brains.

Ben? I assume you mean Gus.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 08:56 AM)
I should just read all of your replies before retroactively going through these and replying one-by-one when the wife and I get to BB on the DVR. It seems you and I are the only folks here who truly understand most of the show. :lolhitting

I definitely think SS2k5 understands what's going on. There's only about 4 of us that consistently talk about it, though.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 09:29 AM)
Boardwalk Empire: Jimmy and his mother have a very odd relationship. I'm thinking she molested him when he was younger.

That seems like a pretty solid theory. Something is definitely odd about their relationship. His mom got started early in the area of sex. I'm pretty sure that's usually a step in the direction of molestation and people who have been molested often turn into molesters.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 11:02 AM)
I am about 55mins into it and Like it so far as well.

They're going to have to re-air the episode because I'm not tracking it down online. I hate watching TV on my computer and the show simply hasn't drawn me in enough to do it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
That show was, is, and will be unwatchable. I have tried it new and in reruns and I can't stomach it.

Agreed.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 12:01 PM)
I just want to watch the last 10 minutes of that episode again. That'a gotta be one of if not the best segments of television I've ever seen. It sort of reminds me of the way everything comes crashing down at the end of requiem for a dream

It certainly rivals the last 10 minutes of the season 3 finale.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 01:11 PM)
If I have a complaint, it's that they're too obviously trying to set up future episodes throughout that one.

Nothing wrong with that. LOST did that for years. It's what brings you back. It shows they have a long term vision rather than a week to week vision.