2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 10:53 AM)
I know this is going to sound like hypocrisy (;)), but I haven't yet gotten past how ugly I find her.

THANK YOU.

I actually do enjoy the show quite a bit, but I thought I was the only one thinking that Peggy just flatout isn't attractive.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 06:08 PM)
THANK YOU.

I actually do enjoy the show quite a bit, but I thought I was the only one thinking that Peggy just flatout isn't attractive.

I think the casting makes sense. She's not suppose to be sexy or glamorous.

Saw someone earlier post they are more excited about Walking Dead than Dexter. Come in, folks. I like Walking Dead enough to keep watch but while Dexter last season was lackluster, it wasn't bad enough to get down on after 4 great seasons before.

Walking Dead still has to pull me in. It was all over last year. I hope it gets real good because their is room on tv for the premise. The season finale also left a bad taste in my mouth.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 07:59 PM)

Saw someone earlier post they are more excited about Walking Dead than Dexter. Come in, folks. I like Walking Dead enough to keep watch but while Dexter last season was lackluster, it wasn't bad enough to get down on after 4 great seasons before.

Walking Dead still has to pull me in. It was all over last year. I hope it gets real good because their is room on tv for the premise. The season finale also left a bad taste in my mouth.

I totally get that, but they portray her to be beautiful in some scenes, especially with the whole Pete affair thing.

I for one am pumped for Walking Dead and not Dexter because I never got into Dexter after the few episodes I saw awhile ago.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 07:59 PM)

To be fair, Dexter seems to be repeating its own story lines anymore. If he's not hunting down another serial killer, he's teaching someone else how to be one. This next season looks like it's just mixing those two together.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Oct 2, 2011 -> 10:23 AM)
I'm not sure if anyone else cares but....

How To Make It America starts up again tonight. CAN'T WAIT. *said in my best Bart Scott voice*

Thanks for the reminder. I liked certain aspects of Season 1. With Dexter and Breaking Bad, this feel through the cracks.

NYTImes arts guy:

ditzkoff Dave Itzkoff

Hurwitz says the joke of Michael Cera being lone holdout on Arrested Development movie was "an Andy Kaufman thing" that "turned really ugly"

47 minutes ago

Dave Itzkoff

ditzkoff Dave Itzkoff

Mitch Hurwitz says he plans limited Arrested Development series (9-10 eps, 1 character per ep) that would lead into movie. #tnyfest #wellsee

51 minutes ago

I think I'm going to give American Horror Story (FX) a shot. The one thing that's holding me back is that Ryan Murphy is one of the creators, and I'm not a fan of his. Just comes off like a jerk (and more importantly, I don't like his TV shows -- though, admittedly, I never actually watched Nip/Tuck).

I liked Scott Pilgrim a lot, but really Cera. If he didn't sign, just have a lookalike from behind jump off a bridge with a Ron Howard voice over saying he killed himself for some reason. Screw him.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 2, 2011 -> 09:45 PM)
So Aaron Paul should probably win the Emmy next year again.

Crazy good cliffhanger. But I don't think he'd be eligible for next year's emmy's with this season. I believe next season would have to be out in time for the awards, as they weren't this year.