2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 12:06 AM)
Dexter started with a super corny episode. It felt like entirely different writers.

I think it is. They could of found a better actor to play Joe.

I already like the two villains more than the guy last season. Creepy and mysterious. Hope the puzzle plays out.

Not a dig at you, Steve, but I just think Dexter is a show people will rip on for any reason. It only has two interesting characters. I just hope to be entertained for an hour on Sunday night with it. Hope the religion theme isn't too in your face and shoved down our throats.

In BB, I think Gus sensing the car bomb may have something to do with his experiences in Chile that we aren't aware of. Everyone gets gut feelings.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 06:27 AM)
Not a dig at you, Steve, but I just think Dexter is a show people will rip on for any reason. It only has two interesting characters. I just hope to be entertained for an hour on Sunday night with it. Hope the religion theme isn't too in your face and shoved down our throats.

I've been watching it since it's inception, I just thought last night came off really cheesy in most parts. Now, a lot could have to do with the high school reunion concept, but it really felt forced. The conversation between LaGuerta and Captain Matthews in the car was absolutely painful.

However, I adore Colin Hanks and the idea of him as a baddie is cool. This master/apprentice thing that's going on has solid potential.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 12:23 AM)
Also, do you guys think Gus was really behind Brock being poisoned, or do you think that Jesse was careless w/ his cigarettes and Brock smoked the one w/ the ricin in it?

This for sure. It makes more much sense that everyone is just getting crazy and paranoid at this point.

Also, if Gus is that worried about being killed that he travels with two bodyguards, and is worried about someone blowing up his car, why didn't he leave one of his guys with the car?

I can't believe the finale is next week. :crying

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 12:09 AM)
Ok, so what the hell w/ the end of Breaking Bad? What are the chances that Gus just HAPPENED to know something was up? Or does it go along with Walt's theory that Gus knows everything, and maybe he has had eyes on Walt this whole time, thus he was tipped off about his car.

If Gus knew, he wouldn't have even gone up there. He would have just sent his guys over there after Walt.

QUOTE (MAX @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 02:33 AM)
I think brock was poisoned with a lesser poison by walt to make gus look guilty.

It seems too easy for Gus to have done it with the ricin. If your theory isn't correct, I think Gus is also smart enough to not kill the child. Killing him would greatly increase the chances that Jesse does something really stupid, so he might have still poisoned him, but with a lesser poison as you said with Walt.

And yes, it was a little odd that Gus somehow sensed that there was a problem. It's probably the biggest stretch the show has ever taken, but I would expect them to clear it up next week. If not, I guess I can buy that Gus felt something off with his conversation with Jesse. The guy has already proven himself to be a criminal mastermind. There has to be something to it.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 11:19 AM)
It was great how he just started talking to all of the other cellmates about their families while never taking his eyes off of the douchebag guy, calling on them all to kick his ass without even having to say it.

I was sort of hoping that guy would become a reoccurring character but he's probably dead or close to it.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 11:38 AM)
I was sort of hoping that guy would become a reoccurring character but he's probably dead or close to it.

I don't think he'd be in that bad of shape. He was likely just a plot device to illustrate Chalky's power in the black community. I guess I can see him returning in some attempt at revenge, but likely not.

They sure slit a lot of throats on this show, though.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 11:15 AM)
It seems too easy for Gus to have done it with the ricin. If your theory isn't correct, I think Gus is also smart enough to not kill the child. Killing him would greatly increase the chances that Jesse does something really stupid, so he might have still poisoned him, but with a lesser poison as you said with Walt.

And yes, it was a little odd that Gus somehow sensed that there was a problem. It's probably the biggest stretch the show has ever taken, but I would expect them to clear it up next week. If not, I guess I can buy that Gus felt something off with his conversation with Jesse. The guy has already proven himself to be a criminal mastermind. There has to be something to it.

Yeah, I want to see it explained a bit before I freak out. This show has earned it creative space for sure.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 11:56 AM)
Yeah, I want to see it explained a bit before I freak out. This show has earned it creative space for sure.

Exactly. In the moment, I was thinking how stupid it was. But after a second, I figured that they had to have something to explain it eventually.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)
I've been watching it since it's inception, I just thought last night came off really cheesy in most parts. Now, a lot could have to do with the high school reunion concept, but it really felt forced. The conversation between LaGuerta and Captain Matthews in the car was absolutely painful.

However, I adore Colin Hanks and the idea of him as a baddie is cool. This master/apprentice thing that's going on has solid potential.

Last night was cheesy? I didn't see it, but the entire series is extremely cheesy.

Terra Nova is alright, but I don't like TV shows that use a lot of effects that also don't have the money to do it well. Fake CGI is one of the worst things in entertainment. I don't see this show making it past 3 seasons, tops.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 07:25 PM)
Last night was cheesy? I didn't see it, but the entire series is extremely cheesy.

Yeah, it is. Like SOA, everything seems to wrap up in a neat little package. The ending of season 4 being the only real exception I can recall.