LET'S MAKE A LIST: Best 2010 Music

Rex Kickass

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, if you have an album in your list that you down anyone else has or even has heard of, let us know here.

I would love to throw out serious props for the Curren$y albums and for the new Bran Van 3000 albums. Both very different albums with very different sounds, but they are really really great records worth a listen.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 11:12 PM)
By the way, if you have an album in your list that you down anyone else has or even has heard of, let us know here.

I would love to throw out serious props for the Curren$y albums and for the new Bran Van 3000 albums. Both very different albums with very different sounds, but they are really really great records worth a listen.

Both Curren$y albums just missed the cut on my list.

Dom Kennedy's "From The Westside, With Love" is also a very good project.

Edited by MHizzle85

I don't listen to a lot of new music, but I had no idea I was so uninformed. I looked at the Wikipedia link, and I hardly recognized anything. I suppose I'll have to unfortunately sit this one out. But, I look forward to seeing the countdown and possibly finding some new music to listen to.

Edited by pittshoganerkoff

I'll put in a list, but in thinking about this, I realized that this year I listened to very few albums all the way through and even fewer repeatedly. I just don't have the time anymore. I used to buy CDs all the time, but I've probably become the poster child for the "just download a few singles" consumer that's hurting the music industry. Lord have mercy on my soul.

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 09:39 AM)
That was easy. There was some amazing music this year.

I'm sure there was, and that's why I'm looking forward to seeing the list. I have over 250 songs on my iPhone, and I bet not one is from the past few years. I'm sure I'm missing out on some good music.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 10:56 AM)
Haha, I'll have to sit this one out, too. I don't listen to (and don't like the vast majority of) new music. I also can't recall the last time I bought or listened to an entire album by anyone. Of the roughly 7,000 songs I have on my iPod, probably 6,800 were released during the 1990's or earlier.

Dork

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)
That was easy. There was some amazing music this year.

Agreed. The funniest thing, is that I think if we made this list six months from now, after the dust of the year settles, the list would probably be pretty different as well. It's funny how some albums tend to get better with age, and others just wither and get dated fast.

Since I doubt any of my albums will make the final list:

1. The Gay Blades - Savages | "trash" pop | lushbeat.com = 4.5/5

2. Hellogoodbye - Would It Kill You? | power pop | USA Today = 3.5/4

3. You, Me, And Everyone We Know - Some Things Just Don't Wash Out | power pop | ap.net = 82/100

4. Tokyo Police Club - Champ | indie/garage rock | metacritic.com = 71/100

5. Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise & Appendage EP | prog rock | sputnik.com = 4.5/5

QUOTE (3E8 @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 07:42 PM)
Since I doubt any of my albums will make the final list:

1. The Gay Blades - Savages | "trash" pop | lushbeat.com = 4.5/5

2. Hellogoodbye - Would It Kill You? | power pop | USA Today = 3.5/4

3. You, Me, And Everyone We Know - Some Things Just Don't Wash Out | power pop | ap.net = 82/100

4. Tokyo Police Club - Champ | indie/garage rock | metacritic.com = 71/100

5. Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise & Appendage EP | prog rock | sputnik.com = 4.5/5

The first Gay Blades album did make my top 10 back in 07. Really fun, great guys.