Fantasy Football Keepers

SoxFan1

Ok, got a question for you guys and gals.

I'm in a 12 team, ESPN keeper league in fantasy football. The league gives you the option of 7 keepers, but you don't have to use all 7.

The 5 I KNOW for sure I'm keeping:

Philip Rivers

Michael Turner

Jamaal Charles

Hakeem Nicks

Vernon Davis

Now, I have some other options too. If I was to keep just those 5, I'd have 2 picks at the beginning of next years draft to pick from the best of the non-keepers.

My other keeper options:

Jonathan Stewart

Deangelo Williams

Dez Bryant

Tony Romo

Josh Freeman

Ryan Matthews

Thoughts?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 03:32 PM)
Ok, got a question for you guys and gals.

I'm in a 12 team, ESPN keeper league in fantasy football. The league gives you the option of 7 keepers, but you don't have to use all 7.

The 5 I KNOW for sure I'm keeping:

Philip Rivers

Michael Turner

Jamaal Charles

Hakeem Nicks

Vernon Davis

Now, I have some other options too. If I was to keep just those 5, I'd have 2 picks at the beginning of next years draft to pick from the best of the non-keepers.

My other keeper options:

Jonathan Stewart

Deangelo Williams

Dez Bryant

Tony Romo

Josh Freeman

Thoughts?

Um, first of all, holy s*** on your team. 12 team league? Really? Wow.

Anyways, I absolutely keep Bryant. I'd strongly consider Freeman or Stewart as well. Do you need to decide now? If so go Freeman since we don't know what kind of mess Carolina will be or not next year yet.

If you can keep the players for more than one year, then you absolutely have to keep Bryant. If it's a one-year thing, then I might stand pat. You have no idea how the Carolina RB situation will play out or how bad they will be. Romo or Freeman could be a solid backup QB, but Rivers is a stud, and maybe he will have some healthy WRs & Gates all year.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 04:27 PM)
Um, first of all, holy s*** on your team. 12 team league? Really? Wow.

Anyways, I absolutely keep Bryant. I'd strongly consider Freeman or Stewart as well. Do you need to decide now? If so go Freeman since we don't know what kind of mess Carolina will be or not next year yet.

Hahaha, well I WAS league champion. But Williams and Romo were both picked up after others foolishly dropped them once they went on IR. Stewart was a late season pickup for me as well and was a clutch flex guy for me the last 4 weeks or so.

And no, I don't need to decide now. I think I have until June, but wanted opinions while football is still fresh in people's minds.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 04:28 PM)
1. 7 is WAY too many just in general for a league, no matter the settings.

2. You have to monitor the Carolina situation, but if DeAngelo leaves like expected, Stewart should be a Top 10 RB. He is a definite keeper.

3. If everyone in your league is keeping 5-7 players, I can't image the first round having much better talent at WR than Dez Bryant, so I say keep.

I agree 7 is too many, but I didn't choose the settings, so oh well.

One team will be leaving the league for sure (and be replaced) and all his players are sure to be left available. Of those, Ray Rice, Arian Foster, Lesean McCoy, Sidney Rice, Aaron Rodgers. Problem is I don't know how many will be there for me in a theoritcal 6th round, maybe 7th.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 06:17 PM)
If you can keep the players for more than one year, then you absolutely have to keep Bryant. If it's a one-year thing, then I might stand pat. You have no idea how the Carolina RB situation will play out or how bad they will be. Romo or Freeman could be a solid backup QB, but Rivers is a stud, and maybe he will have some healthy WRs & Gates all year.

It's a one year keeper thing, but as long as he's on my roster, I can keep him for as long as the league exists.

Right now, I'm thinking about standing pat with the 5. The 2 I'd debate on keeping would be Stewart and Bryant (Maybe one of the QB, but doubtful), with my thinking being that I could likely just re-draft them next year.