Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords shot in head

Balta1701

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 01:29 PM)
The death penalty hasn't been brought up? It has in this thread. And that isn't anymore off topic than any of the random blame game in here.

No. I think he's referring to linking a completely random story about some sociopath doctor.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
That is what the first couple days were all about in here.

Not really but keep trying to convince yourself that.

Conservative Ex-Congressman Joe Scarborough:

Just because the dots between violent rhetoric and violent actions don’t connect in this case doesn’t mean you can afford to ignore the possibility — or, as many fear, the inevitability — that someone else will soon draw the line between them.

Now that the right has proved to the world that it was wronged, this would be a good time to prevent the next tragedy from destroying its political momentum. Despite what we eventually learned about the shooter in Tucson, should the right have really been so shocked that many feared a political connection between the heated rhetoric of 2010 and the shooting of Giffords?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
That is what the first couple days were all about in here.

You're just being ridiculous now. You may not like what people posted - I know I didn't like a lot of it - but it was all at least somewhat on topic. Abortion? Come on.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 04:23 PM)
You're just being ridiculous now. You may not like what people posted - I know I didn't like a lot of it - but it was all at least somewhat on topic. Abortion? Come on.

murder leading to more murder? I thought that was fairly apt. Its at least as apt as crosshairs leading to killing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 04:40 PM)
murder leading to more murder? I thought that was fairly apt. Its at least as apt as crosshairs leading to killing.

Crosshairs OVER THE PERSON WHO WAS SHOT being a possible link, while I disagree with it, makes some degree of sense to discuss. Abortion being related to this, at all, is a joke, and you know it. You are trying to characterize the silliness of the thread - which I agree with - but doing it in a way that is ridiculous on its face.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 04:44 PM)
Crosshairs OVER THE PERSON WHO WAS SHOT being a possible link, while I disagree with it, makes some degree of sense to discuss. Abortion being related to this, at all, is a joke, and you know it. You are trying to characterize the silliness of the thread - which I agree with - but doing it in a way that is ridiculous on its face.

This abortion doctor had the line between ok to terminate, and not ok to terminate skew. A lot of this could come from having to deal with the difference between the two being literally a day or two in some cases. Eventually it seems that the line went away all together, much like the Arizona shooter. Like I said, it seems just as apt as anything else we have heard so far as being a linear line of thought.

A state lawmaker has introduced a bill that would allow permitted firearms to be carried on college and university campuses. Florida currently prohibits concealed weapons on all school campuses, one of 49 states that either bar them outright or leave the issue up to individual schools.

The proposal comes in the wake of a mass shooting in Arizona and the accidental shooting death of a Florida State University student. The police chiefs of Florida's state universities, including UF Police Chief Linda Stump, have come out in unanimous opposition to the measure.

"I don't think you're going to find anybody in higher education in law enforcement who is going to want guns on their campus," Stump said.

State Sen. Greg Evers, R-Crestview, is proposing the change in a bill that would allow residents who have concealed weapons permits to openly carry those guns. The measure would also lift the state's prohibition on having the weapons at colleges and universities, while leaving it in place for K-12 schools.

Link

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 02:20 PM)
Abortion?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 04:23 PM)

See in my mind someone killing hundreds of babies would qualify as mass killing, no? But that does not fit the narrative being spun here and in the media. Well if guns were illegal we would not have these mass killings. Who knew. Let's ban surgical scissors. It is murder plain and simple, and yes Balta some more of your fine upstanding gov't workers looked the other way and did nothing after inspecting this piece of s***. As far as I'm concerned this guy deserves a pair of rusty scisossors, but that would be too nice IMO.