My offseason grades....

ChiliIrishHammock24

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 08:47 AM)
He doesn't belong there.

Yeah exactly. He doesn't really have any position on the team yet. I am in the group that thinks he needs to trim down (obviously), and try a corner OF spot. If he can just be better than Quentin defensively, his bat will carry him.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 04:41 PM)
Btw, didn't Oz already say Dunn is batting 3rd?

No idea, but I figured that Ozzie loved the R-L-R so much that he would want our big 3 hitters aligned that way. I also figured I'd put Rios and his speed/base stealing ability in front of Dunn and Konerko. Doesn't mean that Rios couldn't hit 2nd, with Dunn in the 3 hole I guess.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 04:51 PM)
No idea, but I figured that Ozzie loved the R-L-R so much that he would want our big 3 hitters aligned that way. I also figured I'd put Rios and his speed/base stealing ability in front of Dunn and Konerko. Doesn't mean that Rios couldn't hit 2nd, with Dunn in the 3 hole I guess.

Really, the odds are that however our lineup starts on opening day, it's going to be shuffled by 2 weeks later. If Alexei is struggling he's going to drop, if Beckham is raking he's going up, whatever Rios is doing I dunno. There's not anything that I'm going to get mad about right now.

We know these things: Pierre will lead off. Konerko and Dunn will hit somewhere back to back. Morel and Pierzynski will be towards the bottom, with Brent presumably hitting 9th.

Other than that, I can't get riled up over where anyone hits. Rios, Beckham, Alexei, Quentin, all of them could have stellar "bat me at the top or else" kinda seasons, and all of them could have "Brent Morel is making this guy look bad" seasons, and that's how the lineup's going to be decided.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Jan 14, 2011 -> 09:45 AM)
It's still only 192 PA's, so it could easily be sample size.

When it happens 3 years in a row, you gotta start believing it's a real trend.

Alexei's BABIP is horrible in April, so it could be partially on luck, but since I don't know his batted ball rates in those months, I can't really comment on whether or not it's just bad luck.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 14, 2011 -> 11:30 AM)
When it happens 3 years in a row, you gotta start believing it's a real trend.

Alexei's BABIP is horrible in April, so it could be partially on luck, but since I don't know his batted ball rates in those months, I can't really comment on whether or not it's just bad luck.

Technically it's only really happened 2 years in a row. He looked awful in April 2008, but he only got about 10 starts until early May when Uribe got hurt.