What Kind of Car Do You Drive?

hogan873

I currently drive a 2001 Toyota Camry, it's a good car but my only complaint is that it's a V6. I wish it was a V4 because it seems like I'm filling my 2001 Camry with gas more frequently than my old car which was a V4.

I still miss my old car, though. :( It was a 1993 Toyota Camry with 239,000 miles on it. *see pic below* I always loved that car because it was on the junky side and I thought it looked like a tough car because it was missing some hubcaps. It also had paint chipped off at a lot of places, so I named it Roadkill, after the car from the Twisted Metal video games. :lol: It was a great car, I had it for 6 years before it started wearing down on me when it needed $1,600 worth of repairs for the exhaust system, a new head gasket, and other things. The thing is, it was still driving great. :( Also, the day after I got my new car, I was driving my old car and an old lady ran a red light at 111th and Pulaski and messed up the front bumper. :crying I ended up selling it for $300 to a mechanix family friend who is currently using it as his personal car, so I'm happy it has a new home.

oldcar.jpg

As for what kind of car I would like to have, if it's not a Toyota Camry (which I'm loyal to), it would have to be a used Dodge Magnum as long as I can get it at a depreciated price around $5,000 or less.

But I'll be honest though, I always preferred junkier cars. I always feel like I attract less attention from people who might want to break into my car to steal stuff if my car looked like it belonged to a bum than if my car looked a fancy car that belonged to a rich person from out of town.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IChaseBlackWood @ Jan 16, 2011 -> 02:54 PM)
Ahh Trans am ..my first car! just like that with T-top ..red interior, though. I never got to drive it ...I got it for my 18th bday, didn't get my license till I was 20 .. my dad sold the car right out from under me ...freakin butt mouth!! Booooo! ..My REAL first car was a 2002 red and black Ford Mustang with a manual transmission ..I learned how to drive one just so I could have that car!!

The front end in that pic does not look like how I remember it.