Sox agree to 1 year deals with Danks, TCQ, and Pena

justBLAZE

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jan 18, 2011 -> 12:50 PM)
Must be something to be a team's best pitcher and see all these multiyear contracts get handed out left and right.

Not at all saying that we aren't doing the right thing, just wondering how it's sitting with him. Player point of view is notoriously shortsighted of course.

He shouldn't be thinking anything considering he's probably turned down a handful of multi-year offers already.

Buehrle  14

Castro 1.2

Crain 4

Danks 6

Dunn 12

Floyd 5

Jackson 8.35

Konerko 12

Ohman 1.5

Peavy 16

Pena 1.6

Pierre 8.5

Pierz 2

Quentin 5.05

Ramirez 2.75

Rios 12

Teahen 4.75

Thornton 3

Viciedo 1.25

Vizquel 1.75

Total 122.7

Pierre -3.5

Lineb 3.5

Payroll 122.7

Just talked to Danks. Very excited about the one-year, $6-million deal. Said there was no talk of multi-year extension, but ....the two sides are "not at the point where it’s a do or die deal. Neither side is panicking." More to come on whitesox.com

per Scott Merkin

PS. White Sox claim Phil Humber off waivers from the A's.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jan 18, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)
I bet if they offered a Lester type deal he'd turn it down, is that unfair? And I also bet you TCQ wishes he took that same offer as well.

Lester clearly went with the security. I'm sure he regrets that deal now that's he's become arguably the top left-handed starter in the AL. No idea exactly how much more he'd be making now if he hadn't signed the deal. But I'm sure he's lost out on a decent chunk of change.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jan 18, 2011 -> 02:32 PM)
Er, I'd want to hold on to Danks as long as possible, but maybe I'm missing something.

We ALL do. But we don't want to see NY swoop in and offer him something we surely wouldn't attempt to match. It's not a big concern now. Danks will obviously be a White Sox for '11. But come next off-season they better get something done. Or else I'm all for dealing him for the best possible package.