Orlando

Chi Town Sox

I've been there a couple times but haven't ventured too far off of University Drive and the City Walk (was there for work both times), anyone have any recommendations on other nightlife (besides Howl at the Moon/BB Kings) and any good restaurants near the convention center or in downtown? Also, does anyone know an easy/cheap way to get to the UCF campus without paying $ 60 for a cab ride....like say a shuttle from a bar or something like a train system that I am just not seeing anywhere?

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jan 18, 2011 -> 04:27 PM)
I've been there a couple times but haven't ventured too far off of University Drive and the City Walk (was there for work both times), anyone have any recommendations on other nightlife (besides Howl at the Moon/BB Kings) and any good restaurants near the convention center or in downtown? Also, does anyone know an easy/cheap way to get to the UCF campus without paying $ 60 for a cab ride....like say a shuttle from a bar or something like a train system that I am just not seeing anywhere?

In the same center as Bb Kings (Point Orlando) is a rum bar and Cuban restaurant called Cuba Libre that might be worth a look. There's also the restaurants on Disney property at the Downtown Disney complex - including the Irish pub Raglan Road and the dinosaur-themed T-Rex Cafe which is like a Rainforrest Cafe.

there is also a lot of development around the Church Street area in the wake of the building of the new Orlando Magic stadium. it's been a few years but there was one good tiki-themed bar and food place in the Wall Street end of that area that was very good.

It says something about the general quality of restaurants in Orlando that I can't immediately come up with more than that. Orlando sucks food-wise compared to other comparable cities.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 07:10 AM)
In the same center as Bb Kings (Point Orlando) is a rum bar and Cuban restaurant called Cuba Libre that might be worth a look. There's also the restaurants on Disney property at the Downtown Disney complex - including the Irish pub Raglan Road and the dinosaur-themed T-Rex Cafe which is like a Rainforrest Cafe.

there is also a lot of development around the Church Street area in the wake of the building of the new Orlando Magic stadium. it's been a few years but there was one good tiki-themed bar and food place in the Wall Street end of that area that was very good.

It says something about the general quality of restaurants in Orlando that I can't immediately come up with more than that. Orlando sucks food-wise compared to other comparable cities.

Appreciate it FSJ, I also saw that Feb 5th is Bob Marley's birthday, so hopefully it will be a great night to go to Bob Marley Freedom that night!