Bears versus Packers game thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 05:20 PM)
The Packers did the same exact thing on multiple occasions. Both coaching staffs were extremely conservative in their decision making.

When the Packers did it, they were up by two TDs. The Bears did it down by one and then two scores. I can understand the first one, but the second one was downright stupid. Especially since the net was like 20 yards on the punt.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 06:22 PM)
You just know there will be idiots advocating Hanie over Cutler.

The only thing this game proved was that Hanie is the real backup caliber QB. Not Todd Collins.

I don't think Hanie should ever start if Cutler is on the team, but at least he has balls. f*** Jay Cutler, go hang out with Kristen Cavalari in hollywood you douchebag.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 05:22 PM)

The only thing this game proved was that Hanie is the real backup caliber QB. Not Todd Collins.

I don't think so. I think most people realize had the Packers not been up 2 scores, that second TD drive probably wouldn't have gone like it went.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 12:22 AM)

Well said! Huge mistake by Bears putting Collins 2nd on the depth chart.

There's also a part of me that wonders if Cutler was injured coming into the game. He seemed just a step slow all game, and not comfortable at all pushing off his back foot. Even the announcers were saying he looked off during warm-ups.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 05:22 PM)
Considering the magnitude of the game, you would have to wonder about Cutler's intestinal fortitude. I can think of a lot of players that would have been out there until they couldn't stand.

Have they stated how bad it was? He walked over to his buddy just fine. Maybe he's really hurt but I can't help but feel majorly disapointed in Cutler.

QUOTE (Nyx81 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 11:26 PM)
Have they stated how bad it was? He walked over to his buddy just fine. Maybe he's really hurt but I can't help but feel majorly disapointed in Cutler.

I don't think Cutler has any idea about the crap he's about to catch in this city.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 05:25 PM)
Bingo. Seriously not a bad call. Bears need a better oline field conditions and receivers

Aikman thought it was going to be a pass to Clark. Its not a conservative call. If it doesn't work, you will get slammed from all sides. If it worked and he picked up 15 yards, everyone would be wonder what team Martz would be the head coach of next season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 05:24 PM)
Well said! Huge mistake by Bears putting Collins 2nd on the depth chart.

There's also a part of me that wonders if Cutler was injured coming into the game. He seemed just a step slow all game, and not comfortable at all pushing off his back foot. Even the announcers were saying he looked off during warm-ups.

I would also wonder a bit. The way he ran around made it seem like he wasn't healthy.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 11:33 PM)
I'll wait for a diagnosis on Cutler's knee before passing judgement. Easy to make remarks from the couch out of anger.

The ACL test is pretty easy to perform. From the sound of it, he passed the initial trainer test. He didn't seem to be limping or anything. Who knows, maybe he had a concussion and didn't want to say anything.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 06:26 PM)
I don't think Cutler has any idea about the crap he's about to catch in this city.

I'm a huge Cutler supporter, but that is a mortal sin. It wouldn't have been so bad if he wasn't standing and walking.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 06:33 PM)
I'll wait for a diagnosis on Cutler's knee before passing judgement. Easy to make remarks from the couch out of anger.

I'm sure he was really hurt (he takes a ton of hits without complaint), but it looks bad when he stands on the sidelines and isn't in the lockerroom trying to get back in. Rodgers was taking massive hits to the head and didn't go out.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 05:54 PM)
But Collins should have never been listed as #2 qb after that Panthers game.

Nor should have Lovie put in Hanie in the third quarter. He should have known the rule.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 06:00 PM)
Nor should have Lovie put in Hanie in the third quarter. He should have known the rule.

Cutler took himself out. Are you seriously saying lovie shouldve risked collins throwing an int? The.bears had no chance with collins. Props for lovie recognizing that early enough