Bears versus Packers game thread

Here's my post-taking it out on a treadmill post-game reaction.

1) The team wasn't ready to play in the first half.

2) Our defense is really f***ing good when we get going.

3) Brian Urlacher deserves a Super Bowl ring that he's sure to never get.

4) The fact that we wasted three series on Todd Collins is inexcusable and should call into question some jobs.

5) Seriously? Todd Collins? Caleb Hanie looked like twice the QB!

6) Jay... I don't know, man. I think you're tough, but I think Brett Favre played a game this year with a broken ankle when his team was like 4-8.

7) God damn, is our defense good. Aaron Rodgers looked mortal. It's really too bad that the most important piece of our offense had to stand on the sidelines during that second half.

8) Devin Hester didn't show up. They kicked it to him and he didn't do anything.

9) Raji might be the fattest man I've ever seen pull off a pick-6.

10) I picked the Bears for 5 wins this year. I come away impressed with the season and the fact that they never gave up today. The Bears made me proud... especially Brian Urlacher

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
So these players are WATCHING the game AT HOME on their f***ing couch and are talking s*** about a player in the CHAMPIONSHIP game? That takes some balls...

I agree. I'll be curious what happens if the injury is serious. If it's not serious, then all the bashing is rightfully deserved. But it would be funny to hear these players talk if Cutler tore something.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 08:16 PM)
Jay Cutler will have an MRI on his left knee Monday and it is believed that he suffered a torn MCL in Sunday's season-ending loss to the Packers.

Lots of people will be eating crow if that, unfortunately, is true.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 08:18 PM)
Lots of people will be eating crow if that, unfortunately, is true.

Philip Rivers did play on a torn ACL in the 2008 AFC Championship Game. Regardless, a torn MCL does not always require surgery and Cutler will likely be fine for training camp.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 08:19 PM)
Philip Rivers did play on a torn ACL in the 2008 AFC Championship Game. Regardless, a torn MCL does not always require surgery and Cutler will likely be fine for training camp.

He didn't play on a torn ACL right after it happened. I believe he came out of that game, and played in the next game. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, Laurence Holmes on the score. Pom Pom waving fool. "The Bears only gave up 14 points!"

Yeah doofus, and I'm not trying to be an internet keyboard warrior here, this is the only place where I can say this since I don't post on any other sports forums:

The Bears offense needs about twice the possessions of a team like GB, to score an equal amount of points. When you give up as many yards as the Bears D' gave up today, even with only allowing 14 points, you're KILLING the clock in the process which in turn KILLS the amount of possessions your offense gets.

When the bears are in their base Cover 2, they need to be able to jump routes and get deflections/interceptions. When they're not doing that, they give up a s***load of yards underneath and that's exactly what Rodgers did in the first half. Once the Bears started doing more man to man then you saw Rodgers become an average QB.

Also, the Falcons are so f***ing overrated.

Isnt a torn MCL not really serious. If Im thinking of the right injury, it was what my roommate/friend had in high school football and played on and it doesnt require any kind of surgery and would only limit deep bending and is treated with a brace. Even if the MCL is completely torn I dont think thats supposed to be that bad. Granted this is just a rumor of what it may be.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 03:50 AM)
Isnt a torn MCL not really serious. If Im thinking of the right injury, it was what my roommate/friend had in high school football and played on and it doesnt require any kind of surgery and would only limit deep bending and is treated with a brace. Even if the MCL is completely torn I dont think thats supposed to be that bad. Granted this is just a rumor of what it may be.

It's much less severe than ACL...you might be thinking of a meniscus injury.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 06:57 PM)
I hope Cutler tore something because guys making $7 million playing to go to the Super Bowl should not come out because of pain. If he tore it, I will understand, but if it just hurt too much that is ridiculous. Most likely he tore the labia of his vagina.

CUtler reportedly wanted back in, but the coaching staff wouldn't let him. It was Lovie/Trainers call

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
CUtler reportedly wanted back in, but the coaching staff wouldn't let him. It was Lovie/Trainers call

Bottom line is we're not going to hear anything different than this sort of thing. But the guy was not limping in the first series of the second half and he was standing up for most of the half on his "torn MCL."

I'm sorry, but this is the biggest game of your career. You go out and play unless you can no longer be effective because of the injury. With the arm Jay has, he could have been effective. He was moping on the sidelines all first half and actually seemed to be in much better spirits in the second half once he was out of the game.

And to Steve's point about Collins/Hanie, I actually thought it was quite impressive that they made the move as quickly as they did.

It's a shame Mike Martz had to get fancy on a 3rd and 3 in 4 down territory. It would have been a hell of a game to come back and push the game into overtime with our 3rd string quarterback.

Hell of a game by our defense today.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 10:45 PM)
Bottom line is we're not going to hear anything different than this sort of thing. But the guy was not limping in the first series of the second half and he was standing up for most of the half on his "torn MCL."

I'm sorry, but this is the biggest game of your career. You go out and play unless you can no longer be effective because of the injury. With the arm Jay has, he could have been effective. He was moping on the sidelines all first half and actually seemed to be in much better spirits in the second half once he was out of the game.

And to Steve's point about Collins/Hanie, I actually thought it was quite impressive that they made the move as quickly as they did.

It's a shame Mike Martz had to get fancy on a 3rd and 3 in 4 down territory. It would have been a hell of a game to come back and push the game into overtime with our 3rd string quarterback.

He CLEARLY limped off the field after the first drive in the 2nd half.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 09:45 PM)

Yeah, no. The Carolina game and the 2nd half vs the Giants should have closed the book on Collins. His being sent out to completely waste 3 series is unacceptable. Any idiot could see he has no talent.

Like I said, it was a waste of good field position and might have cost us the game.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)
Yeah, no. The Carolina game and the 2nd half vs the Giants should have closed the book on Collins. His being sent out to completely waste 3 series is unacceptable. Any idiot could see he has no talent.

Like I said, it was a waste of good field position and might have cost us the game.

I smell what you're stepping in. Maybe I am just accustomed to silly Bears coaching decisions.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 10:04 PM)
He CLEARLY limped off the field after the first drive in the 2nd half.

He was not limping in his final series. Yes, he may have been hurt. Was he incapable of playing? I gotta question it.

I know Jay is tough, and so I really don't like questioning him, but at the same time, he has been known to mope quite a bit. I just wonder if the injury would have been treated differently had we been tied or winning the game, or had the score been closer.

I think the way he acted on the sideline brought on alot of the speculation. I don't remember seeing someone hurt their knee and then stand on it for the rest of the game.

Just find it funny guys like Deion Sanders lol are questioning Cutler's toughness. rofl.

no offense but GMAFB. he had a legit injury. you sound like a typical meatball chicago fan with that crap

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
no offense but GMAFB. he had a legit injury. you sound like a typical meatball chicago fan with that crap

No offense but the guy doesn't exactly have the attitude I want to see out of my quarterback.

Cutler has been sacked and beaten up for 2 years, yet I've never heard him say anything negative about his line's peformance. He has receivers (mainly Knox and Hester) who frequently give up on balls and don't break up poor throws, but he doesn't lash out at them like Marino, Rivers, and PManning have done. And, yet, he's got a rep as a bad teammate. I don't get it.

He left the game today and stayed on the sideline injured. That doesn't mean his knee was stable enough to plant for throws. He wasn't pouting. When they showed him on the bike on the sidelines, it's not like he was doing his best Lance Armstrong impression. He was peddling slowly, and he problably didn't show enough strength and range of motion to go back into the game. When Taylor scored, they showed him smile and cheer. When Hainie was on the bench, Cutler was next to him going over plays. Is that being a bad teammate?

All the guys who tweeted about him quitting are pathetic and they really should know better. MJD didn't play his last few games this year while his team was fighting for a playoff spot. Should his toughness be questioned? Lance Moore missed 9 games in '09 while his team was having their best season ever. This season, he's part of the team that was eliminated by the worst team in playoff history. Is his coomitment to winning up for debate? Deion Sanders never met a player on the football field that he wasn't afraid to hit. I guess there's no debate there. Once a loudmouth, always a loudmouth. Yet they question Cutler's toughness and commitment. This is kind of like the David Wells - Frank Thomas thing. What tools. Need attention much?

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 11:32 PM)
Cutler has been sacked and beaten up for 2 years, yet I've never heard him say anything negative about his line's peformance. He has receivers (mainly Knox and Hester) who frequently give up on balls and don't break up poor throws, but he doesn't lash out at them like Marino, Rivers, and PManning have done. And, yet, he's got a rep as a bad teammate. I don't get it.

He left the game today and stayed on the sideline injured. That doesn't mean his knee was stable enough to plant for throws. He wasn't pouting. When they showed him on the bike on the sidelines, it's not like he was doing his best Lance Armstrong impression. He was peddling slowly, and he problably didn't show enough strength and range of motion to go back into the game. When Taylor scored, they showed him smile and cheer. When Hainie was on the bench, Cutler was next to him going over plays. Is that being a bad teammate?

All the guys who tweeted about him quitting are pathetic and they really should know better. MJD didn't play his last few games this year while his team was fighting for a playoff spot. Should his toughness be questioned? Lance Moore missed 9 games in '09 while his team was having their best season ever. This season, he's part of the team that was eliminated by the worst team in playoff history. Is his coomitment to winning up for debate? Deion Sanders never met a player on the football field that he wasn't afraid to hit. I guess there's no debate there. Once a loudmouth, always a loudmouth. Yet they question Cutler's toughness and commitment. This is kind of like the David Wells - Frank Thomas thing. What tools. Need attention much?

:notworthy

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 10:32 PM)
No offense but the guy doesn't exactly have the attitude I want to see out of my quarterback.

Awwwwwww did he frown on the sideline or get pissed when Hester stopped running a route?! What a horrible QB!

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 10:32 PM)

:notworthy

Beauty.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 10:32 PM)

You're talking about what he says to the press. I admire the way he has not thrown teammates under the bus to the press. His reputation in the locker room might be different.