Bears versus Packers game thread

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 11:00 AM)
Well said, it just sounded like you said before Cutler healthy was automatic win. I agree, they would have stood a better chance, but to say for sure is pretty bold. In a game like this you def wish you could have had your best out there the whole time, but in a season where the Bears were often the benificiary of teams with injuries, they suffered the worst one in the end.

Yeah, I shot my wad. There's no guarantee the Bears win. I'm still just shocked it was so close.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 10:31 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=2317838:date=Jan 24, 2011 -> 01:29 AM:name=kev211)-->
QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 01:29 AM)
<!--quotec-->Excellent article

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writ...d=twitter_share

@ochocinco - Turned on Espn and reading the tweets current/former players have sent out based on Cutlers injury.what if he's really hurt bad :( I'm sad

Finally someone with a brain...

Someone wants to sign a contract with the Bears this offseason...

hanie looked good out there. cutler seems to struggle against the pack, no one could predict the outcome had he stayed healthy.. in his 5 games vs the packers as Bears QB he has 4 TDs with 10 interceptions. a big chunk of those into's being from that horrible first regular season game as a bear.

Reports are out that Cutler tore his MCL on the 2nd to last series of the 1st half. Which means he played as many as 3 series with a torn MCL. I'd say that takes some sort of toughness to do.

Also, there are reports that Cutler lobbied to stay in the game but the medical staff deemed him unable to play. So I'd say he played 3 series hurt before the medical staff and Bears collectively decided that he wasn't healthy enough to play and that was it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 11:30 AM)
Reports are out that Cutler tore his MCL on the 2nd to last series of the 1st half. Which means he played as many as 3 series with a torn MCL. I'd say that takes some sort of toughness to do.

Also, there are reports that Cutler lobbied to stay in the game but the medical staff deemed him unable to play. So I'd say he played 3 series hurt before the medical staff and Bears collectively decided that he wasn't healthy enough to play and that was it.

Yeah, well, if Cutler wasn't such a p****, his MCL wouldn't have torn to begin with!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 12:32 PM)
Was Bennett the one who scored the TD on the Hanie pass? Because that was a stellar move.

Bennett plays big. He had pretty nice hands and makes a solid effort after every catch. He's probably turned into the Bears most physical reciever.

anyone who is blasting cutler via twitter or whatever is a f***ing moron who has no idea what they are talking about .

Look, ive had a long standing love-hate relationship with cutler. I have every reason for him to be my favorite nfl player, and instead, I'm ho hum on him at best. Ive been harder on him than just about any bears fan. I once booed him off the field in college and called for his backup as he ran into the tunnel for halftime. Hes a dickhead, a questionable leader, erratic, risk taking etc etc

but one thing cutler is not - is soft. the guy is a tough mother f***er, and i dont care what anyone else says. No f***ing way he took himself out of that game, without good reason. Anyone who watched him get just driven into the ground time after time this year (see giants game) and still go head first when he scrambles knows this guy probably didn't pull himself, and if he did, he did so because he knew he was too injured to be effective for the team.

I'm comftorable if you want to blame the game on Cutler. Blame him for missing a wide-open hester in the first quarter. Blame him for forcing the ball downfield to knox just before halftime. Those were huge plays and the guy played like s*** in the first half. Im fine if you want to pin the game on him (I put more blame on the coaching staff myself, but cutler certainly played like dogs***). But i think you are sorely mistaken and are being an overreactive meathead dumbass if you are someone like that p**** asante samuel for blasting cutler for being too soft

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 11:23 AM)
hanie looked good out there. cutler seems to struggle against the pack, no one could predict the outcome had he stayed healthy.. in his 5 games vs the packers as Bears QB he has 4 TDs with 10 interceptions. a big chunk of those into's being from that horrible first regular season game as a bear.

he was getting rid of the ball quickly and reacting to the rush quickly. get me more of that in jay cutler and gg.

Dilfer just said that "there's some players who look for a way out of a game, from his history Jay Cutler looks for a way out".

Ok, yeah, he was pushed out of town by an insane head coach hell bent on destruction. Jay Cutler also has missed ONE F*CKING GAME in his career.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 04:28 PM)
First off Devin Hester is brutal as a WR. The overthrown pass in the 1st quarter was because Hester quit on the route something he and Knox do often. Cutler was visablly upset.

No, that was just a terrible pass by Cutler.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 10:54 AM)
Urlacher and Kreutz haven't exactly been known as organizational guys. They say what is on there mind.

they aren't organIzation guys but they are good team mate. They donKt rip team mates in public. They don't like him but as good team mates they will protect him.

in the end...cutler brought alot of this on himself. His attitude with media and public image doesn't do him any favors. Instead of giving the guy the benefit of the doubt, people look for a reason to be able to rip him, fair or unfair (and clearly i think its unfair in this situation). Nobody would ever question Derek Jeters toughness if he came out of a game in the ALCS. Cutler has created this brash, difficult to like personality in the media, and at every opportunity to be able to rip him, people will. Same thing is happening with lebron. Its a shame because the guy really has such huge potential.