Bears versus Packers game thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 01:20 PM)
It's so hard to deal with lovie. On one hand, some CRAZY stupid things done yesterday. on the other...he took a team with so many holes almost to the superbowl. And we held the most potent offense in the playoffs to 14 pts. How do you manage the two? He's both a really good coach and a bonehead.

Exactly.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 01:24 PM)
An MCL sprain? Is that the final diagnosis? Wow.

The Bears did him no favors by diagnosing it as such.

Bears "fans" are going to be intolerable for the rest of the time Cutler is with the organization. I can't believe half the crap I've read and heard about this whole thing.

It's so hard to deal with lovie. On one hand, some CRAZY stupid things done yesterday. on the other...he took a team with so many holes almost to the superbowl. And we held the most potent offense in the playoffs to 14 pts. How do you manage the two? He's both a really good coach and a bonehead.

I'm convinced he is an outstanding football coach, but just a terrible "in-game" coach. He's always made some really terrible head scratchers inside of games, but yet, seems to be able to prepare our team to be in just about any game we play.

The delusional projecting of sports fans onto athletes is something that drives me away from a lot of sports conversations. Everyone thinks they'd cut their arm off if it was holding them back, because they bought a jersey and sit on the couch to watch games.

Well said. The guy won a division title with Kyle Orton, then won it again with Rex Grossman and went to the Super Bowl. During the same playoff run, he almost cost his team the season with an awful TO vs. Seattle. After a couple medicore seasons, he takes this team with no offensive line a few plays to the Super Bowl. That was with Todd Collins & Caleb Hanie playing the 2nd half of the playoff game.

He does make a lot of questionable decisions, but overall his record in Chicago is pretty good. I think if he had a more outgoing personality, Bears fans might like him more, but he still doesnt seem very popular. I think they should extend him, a change of leadership isnt what this team needs. More talent on the offensive side of the ball is whats missing.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 08:29 PM)
I'm convinced he is an outstanding football coach, but just a terrible "in-game" coach. He's always made some really terrible head scratchers inside of games, but yet, seems to be able to prepare our team to be in just about any game we play.

It's also annoying that he seems to think backup quarterback should be decided based on a paper resume. Jonathan Quinn/Todd Collins, both veterans who'd been in the systems before, but all it takes is a short eyeball test to realize they suck sooo soo soo much.

But yeah...i think that was actually a pretty well coached ball game...it was just that end around and todd collins were killer. Absolutely killer.

Well said.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 01:28 PM)
The Bears did him no favors by diagnosing it as such.

Bears "fans" are going to be intolerable for the rest of the time Cutler is with the organization. I can't believe half the crap I've read and heard about this whole thing.

The Bears made a huge mistake calling it a sprain. It's a bizarre situation, he's a guy playing with type 1 diabetes that was sacked nearly 60 times this year, so his history of toughness can't be questioned. But I'm pretty surprised he left the game yesterday, even if the training staff was telling him to. Goes against everything we've seen from him the last two years. I'm not angry, but I am surprised.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 08:33 PM)
If Lovie told him he was getting pulled, how is that pussing out of the game???

I'm sure Lovie only told him he was getting pulled based off of the response Cutler was giving him. I have no doubt the Bears trainer made the final call, but it baffles me that Cutler couldn't play through this. As I said yesterday, Cutler's best chance of saving his name in Chicago was if something actually was torn.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 01:30 PM)
I think its worth noting, for future years, how much better Hanie looked than Collins. Collins gets the benefit of real reps with the first team on a regular basis, and he looked completely lost out there, and honestly looked like he was in some sort of a haze.

Collins played well his last year in Washington but his time with the Bears has been so bad its laughable. Its almost like he has zero interest in being a football player and just wants his check. He simply isnt a football player anymore.

Edited by DrunkBomber

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 01:34 PM)
I'm sure Lovie only told him he was getting pulled based off of the response Cutler was giving him. I have no doubt the Bears trainer made the final call, but it baffles me that Cutler couldn't play through this. As I said yesterday, Cutler's best chance of saving his name in Chicago was if something actually was torn.

Yeah, you are sure. Im sure that you talk out of your ass 95 percent of the time. The only difference here is I see it every time, and you werent on the bears sideline yesterday

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 08:33 PM)
You can stop your s*** right now.

All last night, we heard from Cutler supporters that how was he supposed to keep playing if his ligament was torn in half. If it's true it's just a sprain, then he's opened himself up to be criticized again. For the majority of this morning, the Chicago media was VERY supportive of him since they thought the MCL was torn. Does anyone know if Lovie said it's a strain based off the MRI? I know sometimes they'll say it's a sprain prior to conclusive MRI results (ie: Peavy's injury).

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 01:30 PM)
The delusional projecting of sports fans onto athletes is something that drives me away from a lot of sports conversations. Everyone thinks they'd cut their arm off if it was holding them back, because they bought a jersey and sit on the couch to watch games.

Half of those people couldnt make it up a flight of stairs without oxygen.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 08:36 PM)
Yeah, you are sure. Im sure that you talk out of your ass 95 percent of the time. The only difference here is I see it every time, and you werent on the bears sideline yesterday

Cutler didn't fail the initial MCL/ACL mobility test on the field yesterday, or else he would have been immobilized right away. That is standard procedure.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
Well Jay, I take it back. If it's an MCL Sprain, you pussied out of this game.

* A first degree sprain is damage to only a few ligament fibres.

* A second degree sprain is damage to a more extensive number of ligament fibres, but the ligament remains intact.

* A third degree sprain is a complete rupture of the ligament. Because of the force involved in this injury other structures in the knee, such as the Meniscus (Cartilage) or the Anterior Cruciate Ligament can also be damaged.

It's still torn, fool.