Bears versus Packers game thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmqOSu0Ngz8...layer_embedded#!

It appears Cutler played a whole quarter with the MCL injury. Including the two plays at the end of the video, where he didn't slide on a scramble and also blocked Eric Walden.

After this whole entire incident, I actually like Cutler more now than I have before. It really highlights his toughness as a player.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 08:48 PM)
Or they want to use the injury as an excuse for him sucking pretty much the whole game. If it was at the end of the half, what was the problem the rest of the time? Aikman and Buck said he wasn't very accurate warming up, but I really don't know if that means much. Maybe he's getting loose or screwing around. The only guys I really pay much attention to before the game are kickers.

This is a full of s*** theory. Who's tried to make excuses for his play in the first half? Either fans, or the organization? Or Cutler himself?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 01:17 AM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmqOSu0Ngz8...layer_embedded#!

It appears Cutler played a whole quarter with the MCL injury. Including the two plays at the end of the video, where he didn't slide on a scramble and also blocked Eric Walden.

After this whole entire incident, I actually like Cutler more now than I have before. It really highlights his toughness as a player.

If you pause the video at the 2:55 mark you really see the weight Pickett has on Cutlers leg. Pickett is listed at 340!

Another interesting look is at the 4:06 mark of the video. Watch how he stops himself after the dropback at about the 50 yd line. He hops to keep from planting that foot.

I have a couple of Pit Bulls, really sweet dogs despite the bad reputation, so I was really pissed about what Vick did but he also deserve's a second chance if he has realized what he did was wrong.Ben on the other hand is suspected of rape, that jerk should be behind bars, not playing in the SuperBowl.

Jay shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as those two.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 06:57 PM)
The Patriots were winning when Brady left and had Drew Bledsoe as the back up. The Bears were down 14 and had Todd Collins coming in. Gigantic difference. Basically, unless something really crazy happened, when Cutler was done, so were the Bears. Guys play hurt all the time. Some guys can block it out enough to perform, some guys can't.

It was 7-3 Patriots in the first half. The game was up for grabs. According to you, Brady isn't able to block out an injury enough to play, OK then.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 11:34 AM)
Hines Ward, one of the toughest players in the league, left the 2009 AFC championship game with an MCL sprain and didnt return.

So are we going to just go back and forth citing examples of which players left important games with injuries and which one continued to play through them?

On Dec. 11, 1983, Mike Singletary lost the tip of the middle finger on his left hand, had it stitched back on and demanded to return to Chicago's game at Minnesota. Adding to the legend, a half-crazed Singletary returned with a wrapped-up hand and began screaming at Vikings OL Dave Huffman, telling him the Vikings wouldn't score. Minnesota didn't score. The Bears won, 19-13.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)
On Dec. 11, 1983, Mike Singletary lost the tip of the middle finger on his left hand, had it stitched back on and demanded to return to Chicago's game at Minnesota. Adding to the legend, a half-crazed Singletary returned with a wrapped-up hand and began screaming at Vikings OL Dave Huffman, telling him the Vikings wouldn't score. Minnesota didn't score. The Bears won, 19-13.

Good one.

In early May 2010, Mark Kotsay suddenly came down with an awful tummy ache minutes before opening pitch, but managed to fight through it and play a defensively flawless game as the designated hitter for the Chicago White Sox.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 11:52 AM)
Good one.

In early May 2010, Mark Kotsay suddenly came down with an awful tummy ache minutes before opening pitch, but managed to fight through it and play a defensively flawless game as the designated hitter for the Chicago White Sox.

lol

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 12:34 PM)
Hines Ward, one of the toughest players in the league, left the 2009 AFC championship game with an MCL sprain and didnt return.

Hines is a very important WR to the Steelers but losing a QB when Collins in your back up is much more of a blow. I'm not questioning Cutlers toughness and I do have experience with knee injuries having torn my ACL. A fan watching the game doesn't know the med. staff wouldn't let him go back in, they just see him standing there on the sideline looking all smug when he could have played the game out and possibly brought the Bears to the Super Bowl (which could be a once in a lifetime opportunity).

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 08:14 PM)
If your knee can not support your body you can not play on it. Cutler had a decent first quarter. When he got hurt he sucked. These things happen oh well, we move on.

He missed on that huge play to Hester. With Packers marching down the field so much, I don't remember him doing anything else to be considered playing decent.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
If your knee can not support your body you can not play on it. Cutler had a decent first quarter. When he got hurt he sucked. These things happen oh well, we move on.

I f you call that decent, I'd hate to see what you consider bad.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 08:20 PM)
Never said he had a better year simply stated he had a higher qb this year and last. Its hilarious that you even compare the bears to the broncos this year and use win total as the sole basis for saying that cutler had a better year. You think cutler would have made the playoffs with that denver defense? Now that's hilarious

Using that logic I guess cutler also had a better year than michael vick too since the bears won more games than the eagles and advanced two rounds further in the playoffs

lol, youll just spew anything to win an e-debate I guess. Ok, Orton is better than Cutler, you win.