Bears versus Packers game thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 11:38 AM)
It was 7-3 Patriots in the first half. The game was up for grabs. According to you, Brady isn't able to block out an injury enough to play, OK then.

If you can read what I posted, Drew Bledsoe, who prior to that season signed a $100 million contract, and who lost his job to Brady because of injury was the back. up. If the back up was someone of Todd Collins' ilk, the situations would have been similar, and it would have been interesting to see what Brady would have done. Are you even sure it was Brady's call whether to play or not?People have sat with less an injury than Cutler had, and people have played with worse.

Edited by Dick Allen

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 03:24 PM)
lol, youll just spew anything to win an e-debate I guess. Ok, Orton is better than Cutler, you win.

Please go back and read my posts I never said orton is better than cutler. I said cutler is better albeit marginally better but the bears would have been better served using the resources invested in cutler in improving other facets of the team. I get it you like cutler alot. I don't hate cutler but I have always thought he was overrated and as a packers fan was pleasantly surprised when they gave up what they did in the trade as well as cap space with the contract extension.

The guy seen on TV burning Cutler's jersey is a f***ing moron, unless he was a Packer fan playing games with the media.

The guy sleeps in bed with the jersey the week before, burns it the next week.

Urlacher is a great Chicago Bear. He said Cutler is tough. Case closed. Cutler was hurt. I trust Urlacher's opinion.

Packers by the way had a better team. Bears still have some work to do, though the defense played proud.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 27, 2011 -> 02:11 AM)
The guy seen on TV burning Cutler's jersey is a f***ing moron, unless he was a Packer fan playing games with the media.

The guy sleeps in bed with the jersey the week before, burns it the next week.

Urlacher is a great Chicago Bear. He said Cutler is tough. Case closed. Cutler was hurt. I trust Urlacher's opinion.

Packers by the way had a better team. Bears still have some work to do, though the defense played proud.

Especially considering alot of people forgot that he supposedly told Justin Gage in Vegas that Cutler was a pu**y

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 06:01 PM)
If you can read what I posted, Drew Bledsoe, who prior to that season signed a $100 million contract, and who lost his job to Brady because of injury was the back. up. If the back up was someone of Todd Collins' ilk, the situations would have been similar, and it would have been interesting to see what Brady would have done. Are you even sure it was Brady's call whether to play or not? People have sat with less an injury than Cutler had, and people have played with worse.

Are you sure it was Cutler's call whether to play or not?

Either way, I don't think a starting QB looks at his backup to decide whether or not he stays in the conference championship game. Thats up to what his body says or what the coaches say, not who his backup is.

TMZ is now in on the story...

Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler mustered up enough toughness to stroll around an L.A. shopping center with his girlfriend Kristin Cavallari yesterday ... TOUGH!!!!!!

012711-jay-cutler-video32-credit.jpg

Edited by BigSqwert

For whatever reason, the way Cutler walked didn't seem right. Might have been the camera or just me.

I also didn't realize Jay dated a MTV reality show star, lol.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 27, 2011 -> 12:21 PM)
You can easily walk on that injury, most people can walk relatively easily on a torn ACL. You just have to be careful and dont have as much mobility though.

Actually easier than an ACL, but that would ruin the narrative.

This guy has a Youtube channel and does some pretty awesome analysis of Bears games I should've been posting here all season where he shows blocking assignments, coverage, hits, penetration, etc. that you don't see on TV. Anyway in this video he finds the exact play that Cutler actually gets hurt. It actually was early in the second quarter and not towards the end of the half, so really he was playing the entire quarter with that hurt knee and yes, it was actually affecting his accuracy because you see him hopping on his back foot since he couldn't plant.

I don't think there is much of anything that can be said after watching this video, really.

Edited by lostfan

Oh come on, Lost...there is nothing there that shows much of anything. Cutler throws the ball from whichever position he wants most of the time, so it's pretty difficult to argue when he might have started using poor footwork because of an injury.

The first play of the second quarter shows me nothing to indicate an injury might have occurred. He makes a slight motion as if to try and pull his sock up.

Yes, he may have gotten hurt with 4 minutes left in the half. I can buy that one.

And you guys want to talk about meatballs....this guy is filming in front of a red velvet sheet with a snifter of beer that he's holding like a retard.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 27, 2011 -> 06:58 PM)
Roy is like the polar opposite of a meatball.

Even if I accept that, and let's face it, does he really need to be drinking a beer during his 5 minute video, there was nothing there that proves much of anything. In fact, the more I see that, the more upset I am at the thought of him getting pulled out of the game.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 27, 2011 -> 07:10 PM)
If he wants to drink beer when he makes Youtube videos when he is narrating over game film (he does, in basically all of them) that's his prerogative. Of all things to criticize him for... that?

It's just very typical Bear fan, that's all. Why do you suppose he is doing it?

I'm not criticizing him, I'm just finding it ironic that this is the guy I am supposed to be impressed by after being called a meatball by a lot of people on your side of the fence in this debate.

Eh. I don't care. I skipped over many of these pages because it was the same thing over and over. I suppose if I wanted to get the full effect of them I could just go back 5 pages and read all posts on the page 25 times. /shrug

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 27, 2011 -> 07:15 PM)
It's just very typical Bear fan, that's all. Why do you suppose he is doing it?

I'm not criticizing him, I'm just finding it ironic that this is the guy I am supposed to be impressed by after being called a meatball by a lot of people on your side of the fence in this debate.

Analysis and thought is the opposite of a meatball. Drinking presumably good beer out of a fancy glass doesn't make you a meatball.

You're just mad because your argument is about as good as someone saying the earth is 6000 years old.