Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 8, 2011 -> 08:00 PM)
LOL at Nebraska. I thought they were supposed to have a good defense coming into this year. That defense is trash.

Hate OSU but love Nebraska getting whooped after their fan base thought they would run the conference.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 8, 2011 -> 09:20 PM)
Has Nebraska ever had a good defense under Bo?

I cant even find an adjective to describe how bad's Miami defense is and they atleast looked good against OSU.

Their defenses have been great the last two years. Two years ago I believe they had the #1 ranked defense in the country. Of course it helps when you have Suh, Amukamara, etc. on your roster.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 8, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)
Their defenses have been great the last two years. Two years ago I believe they had the #1 ranked defense in the country. Of course it helps when you have Suh, Amukamara, etc. on your roster.

oh yeah, totally forgot about Suh's final year when they just shut down teams. Guess he struck gold with that recruiting class.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 8, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)
Miller just got hurt for OSU, if he can't come back then suddenly NU has life because Bauserman is an absolute joke.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 8, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)
Wow, Nebraska comes back to tie it. Huge chokejob by OSU (albeit one aided by having to bring in one of the worst QBs in college football).

Hit the nail on the head there. 12 true freshman and the best one was out of the game. Shows you how terrible Nebraska is (last conf title in 1999). OSU is down for this year so I think ILL gets a BCS bowl and has the best chance to beat Wisco.

We we still beat Michigan though...

Can wait for bball

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 8, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)
Wow, Nebraska comes back to tie it. Huge chokejob by OSU (albeit one aided by having to bring in one of the worst QBs in college football).

Epic choke job by the D. I know Miller went out, but you have to be able to protect a 21 point second half lead, even if the O doesn't do anything.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 9, 2011 -> 09:31 AM)
And if you don't, I'm sure you will come up with plenty of excuses.

What excuses exactly? This is the worst OSU team in 10 years, they play more freshman than I've ever seen. I said earlier 8 or 9 wins would have been a great year.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 9, 2011 -> 01:47 PM)
So it ND back in to the rankings this week?

4-2 record. Wins over #23 Michigan State, Pitt, Purdue, Air Force. 2 losses came to South Florida and #12 Michigan.

Nope, and not even that close.

Ron Zook for Coach of the Year:

During Saturday's 41-20 win over Indiana, Zook made a play-calling gaffe that, while it didn't directly affect the outcome of the game, left a lot of people scratching their heads. With about 7 minutes remaining in the second quarter, the Illini scored a touchdown to put them up 20-13. Instead of kicking the PAT to go up eight, Zook decided to go for two. His reasoning? He thought his team was down five.

"We were down five, right? Up five, I mean," Zook said after the game.

After some clarification: "It was 20-13? Up seven?

"Maybe I didn't know what the score was. That's happened to me before. It's usually when we're behind. [This will] give you something to pound us about."