Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 15, 2011 -> 03:28 PM)
Seems like illini been coming out flat every game, I don't think they have any chance vs Wisconsin.

Their defense is really, really good though. I wasn't a believer for a while, but they've been pretty stout against a lot of different styles. They've got 2 excellent DE's and a really good MLB. They might not win, but the defense will keep them in the game.

Would help if the receivers could catch the ball today. That's about the 4th drop on 3rd down today.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 15, 2011 -> 05:26 PM)
Ron Zook is such a f***ing idiot. Also, Paul Petrino was brutal today. No idea why they were so conservative on offense today. Not going for it on the 4th and short in the first half and punting set the tone for the rest of the game on offense.

Agreed. Zook is just...ugh. But really, at the end of the day, Scheelhasse and Jenkins didn't perform.

And Bradley Roby is a b****. That PI he had on Jenkins was not only stupid, but it was dirty as hell. He's lucky they only give 15 yard PIs in college...

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 15, 2011 -> 05:35 PM)
Zook is the worst clock management and decision maker, I have EVER seen in a college coach. My 10 yr old on Madden makes better decisions.

Not using timeouts at the 5 minute mark was just ridiculously stupid. I actually did think they should have gone for it on 4th and 2 at the end, but the fact that Scheelhasse and Jenkins weren't even on the same page is ridiculous. The clock wasn't even running, at least make sure you're calling the right play.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 15, 2011 -> 05:38 PM)
I actually did think they should have gone for it on 4th and 2 at the end, but the fact that Scheelhasse and Jenkins weren't even on the same page is ridiculous. The clock wasn't even running, at least make sure you're calling the right play.

Yeah I agree that was the right call to go. You gotta think that's on Jenkins though. They wouldn't run a fade on 4th and 2 there would they? The out route seems far more likely.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 15, 2011 -> 05:36 PM)
And Bradley Roby is a b****. That PI he had on Jenkins was not only stupid, but it was dirty as hell. He's lucky they only give 15 yard PIs in college...

LOL, what was dirty about it. He was about to get beat deep for a TD so he hit his guy out of bounds. Smart play by a freshman that completely backed up his talk in the papers.