Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't really give a f*** about college football, but I happen to have the Minnesota/Nebraska game on and just saw possibly the worst rule ever be enforced. On fourth and two, Nebraska tried to convert a backwards pass, but it was dropped by the receiver. However, he batted it forward past the first down marker, and since they touched it last, they got a first down out of it. Holy jesus that's awful.

QUOTE (Felix @ Oct 22, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)
I don't really give a f*** about college football, but I happen to have the Minnesota/Nebraska game on and just saw possibly the worst rule ever be enforced. On fourth and two, Nebraska tried to convert a backwards pass, but it was dropped by the receiver. However, he batted it forward past the first down marker, and since they touched it last, they got a first down out of it. Holy jesus that's awful.

Yeah I saw that. I think they said it was because they considered it a "backwards pass" instead of a fumble. Seemed like a terrible call.

For the 2nd straight week, Illinois had negative punt return yards.

With special teams, it's funny being a Bears & Illini fan. Bears obviously have Devin Hester, but Lovie has always stressed special teams and they have always done well. On the other hand, you have Ron Zook's special teams units.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 22, 2011 -> 03:36 PM)
For the 2nd straight week, Illinois had negative punt return yards.

With special teams, it's funny being a Bears & Illini fan. Bears obviously have Devin Hester, but Lovie has always stressed special teams and they have always done well. On the other hand, you have Ron Zook's special teams units.

Devin Hester would have no prayer of being successful on punt or kick returns if he played for Illinois. They block nobody. Lankford isn't good back there but he is constantly surrounded by 5 guys when he catches the ball and there are never any lanes at all on kick return.

So this is what it's like to be a well coached and prepared team? Miami still has a ways to go before being a good team but it's refreshing to see a team improve every week and not be thoroughly outcoached every time the team takes the field.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 01:19 AM)
So this is what it's like to be a well coached and prepared team? Miami still has a ways to go before being a good team but it's refreshing to see a team improve every week and not be thoroughly outcoached every time the team takes the field.

Congrats on the win...pisses off every GT football fan that the best QB is being redshirted this year. GT and Illinois' season is very familiar.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 22, 2011 -> 09:14 PM)
Congrats on the win...pisses off every GT football fan that the best QB is being redshirted this year. GT and Illinois' season is very familiar.

Man, GT must have pissed someone off in the ACC scheduling office last year because this is a brutal stretch for your team. Hopefully they can knock off VT and set off a nice scramble for the final month.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 22, 2011 -> 10:29 PM)
And Wisconsin loses on a hail mary. Holy s*** that was f***ing awesome.

Mich St coach said great call by the OC.......................Hail mary was ONLY play in that situation. :snow

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 22, 2011 -> 11:29 PM)
And Wisconsin loses on a hail mary. Holy s*** that was f***ing awesome.

I would be sick to my stomach if I was a fan.

holy cow, what an ending.

Dont have another heart attack tonight coach!

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 12:08 AM)
Is there any doubt that LSU and Alabama are the best two teams in the country? I don't even think there is a close third.

No doubt at all.

Let them play on the 5th and then for the SEC title in December and if its 1-1 then let them play in the title game too.

Also, what the hell was Tuberville thinking just then? Up 31-17 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd, 4th and 3 from their own 45ish and he runs a fake punt?? Of course TTU gets stopped and it looks like OU is going to get within a score. Idiotic.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 22, 2011 -> 11:32 PM)
No doubt at all.

Let them play on the 5th and then for the SEC title in December and if its 1-1 then let them play in the title game too.

Also, what the hell was Tuberville thinking just then? Up 31-17 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd, 4th and 3 from their own 45ish and he runs a fake punt?? Of course TTU gets stopped and it looks like OU is going to get within a score. Idiotic.

They can't play for the SEC title because they are both in the same division.