Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 06:40 AM)
Boy, Matt Simms....he needs some monumental improvement in a hurry. I know this will sound weird and homerish, but I'm kinda happy to see the offense this week, without Lattimore in there to scheme against. He had really struggled in the last 3-4 games, because it was easy to scheme against a QB with limited exposure to throwing the ball.

That's sort of the same thing I said about us losing Justin Hunter. I thought it would be great for Bray since he wouldn't just be able to throw it up to Hunter every play and expect it to be caught. He'd have to play smarter and involve the other guys... then I realized quickly that I'd give just about anything to have Hunter back. Regardless, I get your point. It could help the offense in the long-run without having Lattimore be the guy on just about every play. And frankly, it's a shame that the QB play has been so inconsistent for yall b/c Alshon Jeffrey is unbelievable. Can't imagine what he'd do with a stud QB throwing to him.

And looks like Simms has been benched for a freshman. Uh, we'll see how that goes, but I'm not expecting great things.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today's Big 12 News

ChuckCarltonDMN Chuck Carlton

Missouri chancellor Brady Deaton tells KOMU-TV that there are "no delays here at all" regarding conference move. *******/v4S9yA

39 minutes ago

More Deaton: "There are some very specific things that have to be addressed, and we are addressing those."

38 minutes ago

»

Final Deaton (in more ways than one): Says Big 12 "making some of the right moves ... and I wish them the best and all of that." Buh-bye.

36 minutes ago

Hearing from Big 12 school sources that Missouri, Big 12 are negotiating legal issues, including departure date (2012 or '13) and exit fees.

13 minutes ago

But Tigers are clearly gone at this point. Only question is when, maybe within a week. West Virginia has become strong leading candidate.

11 minutes ago

Here's a little info on Big 12 network concept. Would not include Texas obviously and probably not OU, working on its own deal.

6 minutes ago

Big 12 network would include schools affiliated with both Learfield Sports and IMG. I'm told that won't be a major problem.

5 minutes ago

Clarification on Big 12 network concept: would not include home Texas events because of LHN. Unsure about road. Same with OU.

3 minutes ago

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 12:01 AM)
Oh that's good. The Big 12, which is looking at only 9 schools in the near future to begin with, is going to create a network without programming from its 2 most high-profile schools. That's going to work well...

It's simply a pooling of the third tier rights for the 8 schools that can't start their own networks. It's not a BTN. Means it'd carry 8 football games and probably 10 or so basketball games for each school, as well as non revenue stuff.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 12:13 AM)
That's sort of the same thing I said about us losing Justin Hunter. I thought it would be great for Bray since he wouldn't just be able to throw it up to Hunter every play and expect it to be caught. He'd have to play smarter and involve the other guys... then I realized quickly that I'd give just about anything to have Hunter back. Regardless, I get your point. It could help the offense in the long-run without having Lattimore be the guy on just about every play. And frankly, it's a shame that the QB play has been so inconsistent for yall b/c Alshon Jeffrey is unbelievable. Can't imagine what he'd do with a stud QB throwing to him.

And looks like Simms has been benched for a freshman. Uh, we'll see how that goes, but I'm not expecting great things.

Worley is a talent, just ask Clowney...Worley's team ran over Southside last year with Clowney there. But, I do have to kind of question why Dooley pulls the redshirt on week 8 of the season. Sometimes it can't be helped, though. We both know that Simms is....in no way his father or even his brother. He looked rough.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 05:20 AM)
Worley is a talent, just ask Clowney...Worley's team ran over Southside last year with Clowney there. But, I do have to kind of question why Dooley pulls the redshirt on week 8 of the season. Sometimes it can't be helped, though. We both know that Simms is....in no way his father or even his brother. He looked rough.

Solid points on all accounts. I would have really questioned pulling the redshirt if Worley wasn't starting. But since he is, I get why he did it. Unfortunately, our RB fumbled on Worley's 1st series against Alabama. And then we had the ball on the 1 yard line on his 2nd series so he never got a chance to throw it.

I sure hope you're right about Worley, but we just don't have a great idea of what he can do because he wasn't getting any good reps in practice until Bray got hurt. However, he has supposedly shown a lot more in the last couple weeks. With freshman, you just never know. Bray came in against yall last year and played really well. I hope Worley can do something similar. And though he doesn't have close to the physical talents as Bray, he has always been said to be very accurate.

If the SEC really wants Missouri, then

1) Why didn't they grab them at the same time as A&M?

2) Why is there a holdup in getting them now when they are very openly pursuing the SEC?

Anybody else think that the SEC doesn't really want Missouri and is using them to see who else is really interested in heading their way?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 05:46 PM)
If the SEC really wants Missouri, then

1) Why didn't they grab them at the same time as A&M?

2) Why is there a holdup in getting them now when they are very openly pursuing the SEC?

Anybody else think that the SEC doesn't really want Missouri and is using them to see who else is really interested in heading their way?

You realize you can't just say "And with these touches of the sword upon the shoulder, you are now in the SEC!" right?

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 11:56 AM)
You realize you can't just say "And with these touches of the sword upon the shoulder, you are now in the SEC!" right?

Plus it's just not the same without watching Mizzou whore itself out. ;)

QUOTE (farmteam @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 02:48 AM)
I'll eat crow if this doesn't happen, but I bet every team I listed has a better B1G record than Illinois.

I was curious to see if my prediction is holding up at all roughly halfway through. The teams I listed were:

Michigan (2-1)

Ohio St. (1-2)

Nebraska (2-1)

Iowa (2-1)

Penn St. (4-0)

Wisconsin (2-1)

Illinois is 2-2. It's a little lopsided since Illinois has played 4 games, and all of the above teams except for Penn St. have only played 3.