Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 19, 2011 -> 12:43 AM)
Can't do it. I refuse to let a team that didn't win their division go to the title game (and yes I realize it happened before, how did that turn out?). Hopefully Arkansas beats LSU and we can all just s*** the bed over this season.

So because the best team in the country is in their division they shouldn't be able to go to the title game even if they are second best team. And even if the 3rd ranked team got their asses kicked and were never even remotely competitive with the #1 team and the #2 team outplayed the #1 team. That makes a ton of sense.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 19, 2011 -> 12:04 AM)
Owned, b****.

No no no no no no no no no no no no LSU/Alabama rematch. That game has already been played, and the home team lost. Someone else. Anyone else.

Oregon already got destroyed by LSU on a neutral field. I'd much rather see LSU/Alabama again than LSU/Oregon again and both Oregon and Bama are much more deserving than Oklahoma St./Oklahoma.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 11:48 PM)
So because the best team in the country is in their division they shouldn't be able to go to the title game even if they are second best team. And even if the 3rd ranked team got their asses kicked and were never even remotely competitive with the #1 team and the #2 team outplayed the #1 team. That makes a ton of sense.

The point of a title game is to decide who the best team is in the country. If it's LSU/Bama and Bama wins, it's a sham. It makes plenty of sense. Besides, we are all talking about this stuff as it stands. It will change plenty.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 19, 2011 -> 12:53 AM)
The point of a title game is to decide who the best team is in the country. If it's LSU/Bama and Bama wins, it's a sham. It makes plenty of sense. Besides, we are all talking about this stuff as it stands. It will change plenty.

Meh, you could make the same argument if there was a playoff and Bama met LSU on a neutral field and Bama won.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 11:50 PM)
Oregon already got destroyed by LSU on a neutral field. I'd much rather see LSU/Alabama again than LSU/Oregon again and both Oregon and Bama are much more deserving than Oklahoma St./Oklahoma.

We've already seen both those games. And one of them lost at home, so if anything, let Oregon take it since it was week 1 on a neutral field. Bring on someone else, sorry you had your chance Bama.

I wish Okla had Broyles, I'd take that game.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 19, 2011 -> 02:06 AM)
We've already seen both those games. And one of them lost at home, so if anything, let Oregon take it since it was week 1 on a neutral field. Bring on someone else, sorry you had your chance Bama.

I wish Okla had Broyles, I'd take that game.

So give the team that got their asses kicked the rematch over the team that outplayed LSU and lost in overtime. Got it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 19, 2011 -> 12:17 PM)
Seems Michigan doesn't need to throw the ball. Nebraska can not stop the run at all. Plus, Denard can't throw INTs when he is running.

Seems Nebraska doesn't need to throw the ball. Michigan can not stop the run at all. Plus, Martinez can't throw INTs when he is running.