Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Suggesting I'm more of a Big 12 fan than an ISU fan is quite possibly one of the most asinine things I've ever heard.

Acting like A&M, Mizzou and Nebraska didn't pour gasoline on the fire is simply ignoring their roles. A&M and Nebraska helped foster the system that gave Texas so much power, while Mizzou's flirtation with the Big 10 helped set everything in motion.

Not to mention, I likely don't have any chance at a job next year if the Big 12 collapses.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 25, 2011 -> 12:09 AM)
You can't win with either school. A&M fans are the most delusional in the world. They truly believe they are on the same level as Alabama, LSU etc.

Texas fans are the most arrogant fans around, the ones that can speak English anyways.

Both schools have combined for 1 national title in the last 40 years. Yet they truly believe they are the center of the college football universe.

This is true, but seeing Texas at 6-5 is a rare thing to be cherished. Last year was worse, but this team stinks too.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 25, 2011 -> 12:10 AM)
Why in the world would I want anything good to happen to A&M? Or Mizzou or Nebraska?

Better question- why would you care about them? None are in your league so what's the difference.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 25, 2011 -> 12:45 AM)
Better question- why would you care about them? None are in your league so what's the difference.

Because I can. Don't care if its petty, I hope they all fail in their respective leagues.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 25, 2011 -> 06:01 PM)
The gap between LSU and Alabama and the rest of the country is just massive this year. No one else is capable of playing with those two teams.

yet people are still going to cry that another team deserves it over Alabama.

yet people are still going to cry that another team deserves it over Alabama.

Alabama deserves it, but nobody wants to see that game. Just give LSU the championship and let Alabama, Oregon, Houston, and Oklahoma/OSU have a four team tournament to decide second place.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 25, 2011 -> 05:01 PM)
The gap between LSU and Alabama and the rest of the country is just massive this year. No one else is capable of playing with those two teams.

You lose at home and you don't deserve to play the same team again for the National Championship, the end.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 26, 2011 -> 12:07 AM)
You lose at home and you don't deserve to play the same team again for the National Championship, the end.

You lose to Iowa St. you don't deserve to play for the national championship, the end. You lose by 20 at home and don't run the table in the garbage ACC you don't deserve to play for the national championship, the end. You aren't even remotely competitive and get house by Oregon at home you don't deserve to play for the national championship, the end.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 25, 2011 -> 11:37 PM)
You lose to Iowa St. you don't deserve to play for the national championship, the end. You lose by 20 at home and don't run the table in the garbage ACC you don't deserve to play for the national championship, the end. You aren't even remotely competitive and get house by Oregon at home you don't deserve to play for the national championship, the end.

So Houston?

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 26, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
6-6 Ohio State. Good times. That said, Michigan's excitement over winning a game they should have won by more (on paper) shows who the real king in this rivalry is.

I think their excitement has to do with getting an 8 year monkey off their back. they should be excited

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 26, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
6-6 Ohio State. Good times. That said, Michigan's excitement over winning a game they should have won by more (on paper) shows who the real king in this rivalry is.

LoL, because Ohio State never went crazy the past 3 years winning when Michigan was absolutely crap. Michigan also leads the rivalry 59-43-6.