Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 25, 2011 -> 01:02 PM)
As opposed to Iowa State, which is already failing in its current league.

Iowa State has nothing to do with the way that these schools handled leaving. To that end, Iowa State does more than OK considering its resources. Missouri is the school that has the proud tradition of never winning conference championships in anything.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Nov 27, 2011 -> 12:37 PM)
That also had a post saying mike locksley would be the first option to be hired after, I think I need to find a new college football team to get behind in that case.

That couldn't happen in any fair world.

Besides, the new AD wasn't here when Lox was, so that has to be so much crap.

Give me the Crazy Pirate.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 27, 2011 -> 02:52 PM)
If the rumor is true, I am loving the proactiveness of the new AD, not wasting anytime in firing a bad coach.

It is true multiple reports and about time.................clean house!

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 27, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
Locksley wouldn't be a legit candidate would he? I would feel terrible for you guys if he was hired. He was an absolute joke at UNM, with the inmates running the poorly run asylum.

He has NO chance getting the job..............you can relax.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 27, 2011 -> 12:08 PM)
Iowa State has nothing to do with the way that these schools handled leaving.

The way they handled leaving? Which was saying we want out and then getting out? Give me a break, you're just jealous your piss poor athletic department wasn't in a position to do the same.

I expect better than blind faith bitterness from you, but this is a garbage stance on your part. Waa waa your school did something to better itself and it could have hurt mine, waa waa.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 27, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)
The way they handled leaving? Which was saying we want out and then getting out? Give me a break, you're just jealous your piss poor athletic department wasn't in a position to do the same.

I expect better than blind faith bitterness from you, but this is a garbage stance on your part. Waa waa your school did something to better itself and it could have hurt mine, waa waa.

You're right, I'm sorry. The way Missouri handled it was picture-perfect.

Did I ever once say Missouri was wrong for wanting out or going to the SEC?

To that end, why the f*** can't I be pissed at them for b****ing about the instability of the Big 12 WHEN THEY WERE ONE OF THE MAJOR CULPRITS?

You say I have a garbage stance on this and you accuse Iowa State of being a piss poor athletics department despite being at the bottom in both revenues and expenses, not to mention being the number two BCS level school in a state, when Missouri had more than enough in the way of resources, money, support and the geography to do a hell of a lot better than SEVEN total conference championships since 1996.

As of June 1, 2011. List includes both regular-season, tournament titles, and co-championships. List does not include conference championships won prior to the formation of the Big 12 Conference in 1996.[114]

[edit]Current members

Texas - 114 (121 including 7 football division championships)[114]

Texas A&M - 53 (55 including 2 football division championships)[114]

Oklahoma - 39 (47 including 8 football division championships)[114]

Oklahoma State - 43 (42 including 1 football division championship)[114]

Baylor - 42[114]

Kansas - 24 (25 including 1 football division championship)[114]

Iowa State - 11 (12 including 1 football division championship)[114]

Texas Tech - 11 (12 including 1 football division championship)[114]

Kansas State - 7 (11 including 4 football division championships)[114]

Missouri - 7 (10 including 3 football division championships)[114]

[edit]Former members

Nebraska - 72 (80 including 8 football division championships)[114]

Colorado - 27 (31 including 4 football division championships)[114]

[edit]

Don't accuse my school of having a piss-poor athletics department when your school has no excuse for trailing schools like Kansas State, Texas Tech, and yes, Iowa State.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 27, 2011 -> 07:36 PM)
Osu stole one of your recruits today Zen. Looks like Urban poaching Lakeland

I saw that. Meyer has a good relationship with Lakeland and if Miami is going to lose a recruit, I guess its best it happens at a position that we have some talent on. We'll see if my theory of Rivals and their star rankings holds true on this switch. He was a 0 star recruit with Miami so let's see if he gets a few star bump since he is committed to OSU now. A few years ago Miami got a commit from a local WR with 0 stars. A week later he changes to Florida and somehow magically turned into a 4 star recruit. haha

also grumblings of UF QB Jeff Driskell leaving the program and following Meyer to OSU.

edit---Frankie Hammond Jr was the UF WR that went from 0 stars to 4 stars just by committing to the Gators.

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 27, 2011 -> 08:08 PM)
I saw that. Meyer has a good relationship with Lakeland and if Miami is going to lose a recruit, I guess its best it happens at a position that we have some talent on. We'll see if my theory of Rivals and their star rankings holds true on this switch. He was a 0 star recruit with Miami so let's see if he gets a few star bump since he is committed to OSU now. A few years ago Miami got a commit from a local WR with 0 stars. A week later he changes to Florida and somehow magically turned into a 4 star recruit. haha

also grumblings of UF QB Jeff Driskell leaving the program and following Meyer to OSU.

edit---Frankie Hammond Jr was the UF WR that went from 0 stars to 4 stars just by committing to the Gators.

Certain schools do get a stars bump. But when a player is ranked as a 0 or 1 star, it means he hasn't been reviewed or ranked yet. 2 is the lowest a kid can be ranked after review.

Dear God Heads, I said I was being a smartass.

You and Dan both need to calm down super fast.

Conference realignment sucks. Mizzou should have handled it better by clearly stating its intentions. Texas shouldn't have put such a stranglehold on the conference.

You're getting WVU and TCU, so it will remain a BCS conference (at least I think), so relax.

You know who's getting left out in the cold though? Baylor, Kansas, K-State, and Iowa State. Mizzou was with them and jumped ship and I wouldn't blame any of those four for doing the same.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 08:30 AM)
Please hire Mike Leach. Now.

You do need someone to bring the fans back, I read in the ST today that ILL averaged under 10k their capacity. You need to bring in someone with an explosive offense or an electric defense to bring the crowds in. If they are going for coordinators to promote I would go for Chryst or the DC for MSU.

And if Urban Meyer didnt get the hate flowing for OSU yet, apparently Mike (im an asshole) Stoops is reportedly the next d coordinator.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 10:27 AM)
You do need someone to bring the fans back, I read in the ST today that ILL averaged under 10k their capacity. You need to bring in someone with an explosive offense or an electric defense to bring the crowds in. If they are going for coordinators to promote I would go for Chryst or the DC for MSU.

And if Urban Meyer didnt get the hate flowing for OSU yet, apparently Mike (im an asshole) Stoops is reportedly the next d coordinator.

Illinois fans are like White Sox fans - they show up when the team plays well, but not if they don't. What's really sad to me is that even students fail to show up. It's one thing to have some empty upper deck seats, it's another to not sell out the student section (it is most of the time, but even against ranked opponents this year it was probably 95% full).

They need to make a big splash here. Hopefully the admn realizes the importance of making a good hire. The roster still has lots of talent, and the defense should still be pretty good next year. I say raise the salary (Zook was making 1.5...maybe up it to 2-2.5) and go after a big name.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 11:03 AM)
Illinois fans are like White Sox fans - they show up when the team plays well, but not if they don't. What's really sad to me is that even students fail to show up. It's one thing to have some empty upper deck seats, it's another to not sell out the student section (it is most of the time, but even against ranked opponents this year it was probably 95% full).

They need to make a big splash here. Hopefully the admn realizes the importance of making a good hire. The roster still has lots of talent, and the defense should still be pretty good next year. I say raise the salary (Zook was making 1.5...maybe up it to 2-2.5) and go after a big name.

This is why I think they hire an defensive minded head coach IMO. It would help with a quick start.