Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 01:15 PM)
Same here. I understand wanting to win, but there was nothing to gain from that. I just don't understand why we were trying to win that meaningless game. Should have played Enderle, sat Urlacher, etc. And if we still won, so be it... but if we lost, then picking at #11 or #12 would get us a chance at Floyd or Jeffery... #19? Not so much.

I think you will have a shot at Jeffery unless he runs a 4-4 to 4.5 40. You will also be in range for Kendall Wright and Mohamed Sanu. Sanu is seemingly a clone of Anquan Boldin coming out, but has the same desire to block as Hines Ward. Needless to say, Sanu is my second favorite WR in the draft behind Blackmon. Sanu is still raw in technique, but he has the body, hands, tenacity, and work ethic to be a star. I feel as high on him as I did on Nicks coming out.

Insane catch,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ONBbN0H7Tc

16 receptions,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAfrAhOyCn4

2 more nice catches,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-wTVQnc3CM

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 03:06 PM)
Alshon won't run a 4.4 or 4.5 at the combine, I can bet whatever on that. But, he may still be around at 15-20th I think.

Really? I know he had a down year, but Alshon was so damn dominant from the time he stepped on the field as a freshman, I didn't think he'd fall that far. I guess I could see his weight concerns (and character?) being an issue, though, which could drop him. I just remember at a point last season thinking Alshon was the best receiver in the SEC (and that's saying something considering AJ Green and Julio Jones were also in the league).

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 07:27 PM)
sitting at 5, the Bucs can go in a lot of directions that will make me happy but I would love me some Blackmon on the Bucs. A WR corp of Blackmon, Mike Williams and Benn would get me excited.

Then all you need is one of those guys that can throw them the ball.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 12:03 AM)
Still not seeing how Cole's catch at the end was overturned. That was absolutely a catch.

There certainly wasn't enough to overturn it from the views they showed on TV. Also, the Michigan kicker false started on the GW field goal attempt.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 11:10 PM)
There certainly wasn't enough to overturn it from the views they showed on TV. Also, the Michigan kicker false started on the GW field goal attempt.

Agreed. If you were shown that play without a ruling on the field, I would have leaned towards no catch, ball hit the ground and moved it a decent amount, looked it helped him make the catch. But enough to overturn, tough.

He also false started on their fake FG (or what appeared to be a busted FG).

Best part of the game was ESPN showing the page in the VA Tech handbook outlining the greyhound ride from the bowl to va tech...and that it actually came into play. Sucks the guy made 4/4, misses one, they lose. Really those suspensions should have cost them the game earlier, you'd think he'd miss more.

Jon Tenuta, who was hired as Illinois defensive coordinator on Tuesday, will instead remain at North Carolina State “From the top, I want to say that Illinois is a great program and I think the world of Tim Beckman,” Tenuta said. “I’ve known Beck for 20 years and I have no doubt that with the staff he is putting together, he will have Illinois at the top of the Big Ten very soon. However, my family comes first and I may have made a decision without fully thinking through the situation with them. My son is a senior in high school and has signed a letter of intent to play baseball at N.C. State, and it is something I just don’t want to miss. I was one of the first people to contact Beck and congratulate him on the opportunity at Illinois, and I wish him and the Illini nothing but the best

Beckman era well under way :lolhitting

Edited by Soxfest

Dissappointed by that news, but if that's truly his reason I can't be too mad since I went through a similar situation senior year of high school and it was rough on me as a son.

I do wish he had thought of this beforehand, because it is a big hit on Beckman's image.

Notre Dame FAIL. Brian Kelly seems to be well on his way to chasing away more QBs, he was lighting up Rees and Hendrix throughout the entire second half collapse.

I especially loved the part where Rees led the Irish on a very nice TD drive, and the very next time they get the ball, Kelly puts Hendrix in at QB and he immediately throws a pick that sets FSU up for a score.

Because, why would you want to keep the successful QB in the game when you have this other guy who runs really fast?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 03:37 PM)
I kind of hope LSU destroys Bama so that everyone complains that OK St. or Stanford should have gotten a chance instead. Or Alabama wins a close one & the AP voters still vote LSU #1. #CHAOS

This