Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 08:09 PM)
It has nothing to do with the NCAA, it has everything to do with access. In football the big conferences control the access to the games where the most money is paid out. If you create a tournament where "everyone has a chance" you give more teams access and therefore are likely to split the money more.

The NCAA being more involved, generally means more access to everyone and thus the revenues being split more. If all bowl revenue was split between all conferences (even if its done by game, because game doesnt take into account whether its the Sunshine Bowl or the NC) the big conferences would get less money in the current system. Hence why they dont want to turn the BCS into the NCAA tournament.

Sorry I misunderstood your point. I completely agree with that.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 07:25 PM)
That would be no better than what we have now. What happens when there are three teams that win their bowl games and all deserve a shot? Or what about years where there is one clear cut best team? Make them play again? You could at some point have four teams that seem pretty equal or one team that is clear cut and 3 or 4 others with little or any separation behind them.

Any plus one simply has to be the top four ranked teams 1 v 4 & 2 v 3.

It's not necessarily better in all scenarios, but it's certainly not worse and I find it to be more realistic. With all the complicated BS, I've given up on a playoff that pleases everyone. I think this is a simple, feasible system that in certain years provides an improvement. It's not a perfect world system.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 07:27 PM)
12 game regular season, conference championship, four rounds of playoffs. Two teams would play 17 and four would play 16 in that scenario.

Adding the 12th game a few years ago really made it difficult to put together anything more than a final four.

Is that so different from 15 though? Where's the line of too many games? Teams in NCAA football play 15 already and that's not deemed too many. It's convenient that the line of too many is just more than what a different level already has.

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised that he passed away. Same thing happened when Bear Bryant stopped coaching, so I kind of expected it... But it was a sad end to an otherwise incredible career - a career that will likely never be matched.

I don't care much what people's opinions of JoePa are, but when he does die, he should be remembered for a legendary career and for all the great things he did do, not the things he didn't.

I, for one, hope he lives another 100 years. The man is a legend. And he's still a human being. And he still has a family that loves him and cares about him.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 21, 2012 -> 10:02 PM)
I don't care much what people's opinions of JoePa are, but when he does die, he should be remembered for a legendary career and for all the great things he did do, not the things he didn't.

I, for one, hope he lives another 100 years. The man is a legend. And he's still a human being. And he still has a family that loves him and cares about him.

Yeah, I'm not gonna wish death on a guy for being a coward.

Should we not remember the little boys that were raped because JoePa kept his mouth shut?

You can be a saint for 99.99% of your life, but you will be remembered for that 0.01%.

Wow, could not disagree more.

The bastard enabled child rape, f*** his career, I hope he burns in hell.