Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 09:30 PM)
This could be a good season for the Illini, should be favorites in next 3 games although Northwestern very capable team. With Ohio State having a down season though this will be their best chance at a division title in the near future.

Meh. NU played like crap today. They couldn't consistently run on a grossly out-sized Army front line and Colter couldn't punish them for stacking the box. They were only slightly better on defense, didn't give up many big plays but allowed Army to grind out 4-8 yards on pretty much every play (not sure why you go with a 3-man front and play back on an option team).

Then again, Persa is supposed to be back for Illinois...

From what I'm reading at least the later half of the game Scheelhaase had a sore shoulder and really couldn't throw downfield. With Western Michigan coming up next they can rest him if need be, but don't think its serious. I feel kind of scummy going to SIU but rooting for Illinois.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 10:29 PM)
I'm saying that patronization is unnecesary.

But enjoyable none the less. Notre Dame is the most hatable program in all of college sports. I feel no sorrow about kicking a program when it's down when that's all Notre Dame did for its existence. As far as I'm concerned, that program is still owed a few knocks.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 11:30 PM)
But enjoyable none the less. Notre Dame is the most hatable program in all of college sports. I feel no sorrow about kicking a program when it's down when that's all Notre Dame did for its existence. As far as I'm concerned, that program is still owed a few knocks.

Yes, but you're patronizing ME, not Notre Dame.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 10:30 PM)

I could name quite a few programs that I hate more than ND. Not sure why they get so much hate, other than the fact that they're undeservedly in the Top 25 to begin every season. What else do they do to make people angry? I know so many people that "hate" Notre Dame, but they never get a good reason (other than the one I just mentioned). I am not a ND fan in any way at all, but I respect the tradition/history of the program.

I think Notre Dame is hated in the same way that Derek Jeter is hated. It's not because of any character flaws or things Jeter has done in the past to deserve all the hate, but because everyone over-hypes him and acts like he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

At least, that's what it seems whenever I talk to ND haters. They just hate the attention and hype that comes w/ a team that hardly ever lives up to it.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 12:01 AM)
I think Notre Dame is hated in the same way that Derek Jeter is hated. It's not because of any character flaws or things Jeter has done in the past to deserve all the hate, but because everyone over-hypes him and acts like he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

At least, that's what it seems whenever I talk to ND haters. They just hate the attention and hype that comes w/ a team that hardly ever lives up to it.

That's a decent comparison. I've had typical experiences with ND fans that are just ridiculous. For the MSU game last year I was at a friend's place watching it and a few ND fans were there. One of them wanted Kelly on the hot seat immediately.

Not to mention, a football program in Indiana? How were they ever good? Hard to imagine an entitled fan base for football in a well below average football state in terms of talent and popularity of the sport.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 01:31 AM)
Not to mention, a football program in Indiana? How were they ever good? Hard to imagine an entitled fan base for football in a well below average football state in terms of talent and popularity of the sport.

90% of the ND fans and students aren't from Indiana.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 01:31 AM)
That's a decent comparison. I've had typical experiences with ND fans that are just ridiculous. For the MSU game last year I was at a friend's place watching it and a few ND fans were there. One of them wanted Kelly on the hot seat immediately.

A lot of ND fans are idiots. But that's also because there are a ton of ND fans and the dumb annoying ones are going to stick out more than the normal, level headed ones, which I like to think of myself as such.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 01:29 AM)
Well then don't make the prediction

It's a message board. There's discussion. I took part in the discussion. If you're making posts that are discouraging discussion, you're not really taking part in the whole message board thing.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 01:36 AM)
It's a message board. There's discussion. I took part in the discussion. If you're making posts that are discouraging discussion, you're not really taking part in the whole message board thing.

You were way off stop being a whiny kid and take it gracefully. It's fine to make a prediction just don't get so hurt when your called out for it.