Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 30, 2011 -> 01:58 AM)
This has probably been discussed, but how do you win in Norman, then lose by 34 at home to the Cyclones??? WTF?

It's what Tuberville does. He would beat Alabama one week and then lose to SE Louisiana State the next week.

I'm already fed up with him in a season and a half.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Oct 29, 2011 -> 09:27 PM)
Well, you got Worley some game experience, but he isn't ready for that really.

It sucks, because Dooley is my 2nd favorite coach in all of football, and I really hope he wins somewhere.

I absolutely love Dooley. I really want him to succeed b/c he's just the man. But I do highly question some of his in-game coaching decisions. Then again, he is working with no room for error. With a healthy offense, he can get away with some of those "questionable" decisions. With a healthy Bray, Tennessee wins that game last night. That's what just f***ing pisses me off about losing our 3 best players so far this year.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 30, 2011 -> 04:43 PM)
I absolutely love Dooley. I really want him to succeed b/c he's just the man. But I do highly question some of his in-game coaching decisions. Then again, he is working with no room for error. With a healthy offense, he can get away with some of those "questionable" decisions. With a healthy Bray, Tennessee wins that game last night. That's what just f***ing pisses me off about losing our 3 best players so far this year.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. SOS said he shut the passing game down in the 3rd quarter, when it was obvious that inside runs would work all the way down the field. That defense has given up 21 points total in the last 4 SEC games.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 30, 2011 -> 03:34 AM)
I dont care about the officiating, the Illini f***ing suck and its on the coaching staff. End of story you f***ing p*****s, enjoy your 3rd tier bowl, and way to f***ing get my hopes up senior year.

They did get jobbed though, there was no stopping OldPa from getting his longevity record. PSU in a BCS bowl would once again make the conference look awful.

And my boys are back in it. I didnt think they had enough offensively, but apparently Braxton is coming into his own. Just an awesome game, especially since every recruit was there as well.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 30, 2011 -> 02:43 PM)

I was just hoping that Dooley would give Bruce Pearl his pants back when Bruce left. I really hope for everyone's sake Bruce didn't give the matching jacket to Dooley and he breaks it out on a cold night.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 30, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)
They did get jobbed though, there was no stopping OldPa from getting his longevity record. PSU in a BCS bowl would once again make the conference look awful.

And my boys are back in it. I didnt think they had enough offensively, but apparently Braxton is coming into his own. Just an awesome game, especially since every recruit was there as well.

Not sure the Big Ten needs help looking awful this year.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 09:31 AM)
True story, definitely a very down year. But PSU wouldnt show very well in a bowl game, they just arent very good.

Agreed. PSU can't move the football against any defense with a pulse and if they play a team with some talent on offense they are in big trouble. There are some good defenses in the conference this year (MSU, PSU, OSU, Illinois, etc.) but the offensive talent in the conference is just horrible. The QB play has been dreadful, there are only a handful of good wide receivers and while there are some solid backs in the conference, none of them really seem to be special.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 30, 2011 -> 03:34 AM)
I dont care about the officiating, the Illini f***ing suck and its on the coaching staff. End of story you f***ing p*****s, enjoy your 3rd tier bowl, and way to f***ing get my hopes up senior year.

There is your mistake right there. It's a Zook coached team, always keep your hopes on guard. Even the Rose Bowl year they had that awful loss to Iowa right after beating two ranked foes.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 10:21 AM)
There is your mistake right there. It's a Zook coached team, always keep your hopes on guard. Even the Rose Bowl year they had that awful loss to Iowa right after beating two ranked foes.

I really hope he gets demoted to Recruiting Coordinator. I'd be fine keeping him at his current salary in that position too. Lord knows he can recruit (even if he doesn't get the flashy top 15 recruiting classes, it's pretty clear he has an eye for talent that others simply don't see. He's pumping out a couple of NFL caliber players a year from a pretty s***ty program). Let someone else take over the game management decisions.

The problem is I'm not sure who you hire. You'd have to scrap the entire coaching stuff (unless you promote Koenig or Petrino, but really both of them have been pretty useless once Big Ten play started) and start all over again.

Hopefully they can finish 2-1 and end up with an 8-4 record and go to a decent bowl.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 10:14 AM)
Agreed. PSU can't move the football against any defense with a pulse and if they play a team with some talent on offense they are in big trouble. There are some good defenses in the conference this year (MSU, PSU, OSU, Illinois, etc.) but the offensive talent in the conference is just horrible. The QB play has been dreadful, there are only a handful of good wide receivers and while there are some solid backs in the conference, none of them really seem to be special.

The best NFL talent in the league appears to be linemen and that doesnt really make for exciting football.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 11:16 AM)
I really hope he gets demoted to Recruiting Coordinator. I'd be fine keeping him at his current salary in that position too. Lord knows he can recruit (even if he doesn't get the flashy top 15 recruiting classes, it's pretty clear he has an eye for talent that others simply don't see. He's pumping out a couple of NFL caliber players a year from a pretty s***ty program). Let someone else take over the game management decisions.

The problem is I'm not sure who you hire. You'd have to scrap the entire coaching stuff (unless you promote Koenig or Petrino, but really both of them have been pretty useless once Big Ten play started) and start all over again.

Hopefully they can finish 2-1 and end up with an 8-4 record and go to a decent bowl.

How anyone can say Koenning has been useless is mindboggling. Koenning has been awesome this year. Illinois is 9th in the country in total defense and out of the eight scoring drives the defense has allowed in the last 3 games, 4 of those drives have been 25 yards or less. If the special teams and offense wouldn't have completely f***ed up the last 3 games this team would be 8-1 or 9-0.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 01:15 PM)
How anyone can say Koenning has been useless is mindboggling. Koenning has been awesome this year. Illinois is 9th in the country in total defense and out of the eight scoring drives the defense has allowed in the last 3 games, 4 of those drives have been 25 yards or less. If the special teams and offense wouldn't have completely f***ed up the last 3 games this team would be 8-1 or 9-0.

Useless is too strong, but the offenses that Illinois have played aren't exactly world beaters. I'm just pissed about the last drive in the Penn State game. I dunno how you let them score a TD in that situation.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 01:35 PM)
Useless is too strong, but the offenses that Illinois have played aren't exactly world beaters. I'm just pissed about the last drive in the Penn State game. I dunno how you let them score a TD in that situation.

Just please beat Michigan.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 01:35 PM)

You are asking for perfection and you just aren't going to get that. The defense has been great, any criticisms of Koenning this year are utterly ridiculous. Not to mention that during his career his defenses have been ranked:

Illinois 2011: 9th

Illinois 2010: 38th (up from 91st the year before)

K State 2009: 39th (up from 117th the year before)

Clemson 2008: 18th

Clemson 2007: 9th

Clemson 2006: 13th

Clemson 2005: 20th

Troy 2004: 16th

Troy 2003: 39th

Koenning is a great defensive coordinator and really the only coach on the staff I care about retaining.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Oct 30, 2011 -> 03:39 AM)
Most complete win for Iowa State in a number of years. The 360 or so rushing yards helped.

Too much fun.

Jared Barnett played an almost flawless game. James White was unstoppable. Great win.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 08:31 AM)
True story, definitely a very down year. But PSU wouldnt show very well in a bowl game, they just arent very good.

I'm not arguing with you, but it is amazing to me that Penn State has by far played Alabama its closest game all year.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 02:00 AM)
I'm not arguing with you, but it is amazing to me that Penn State has by far played Alabama its closest game all year.

It was the second game of the season with a new QB. I watched that game because I had money on Alabama and Alabama played conservative all game and then just shut it down once it hit the 4th quarter. It was 20-3 thru 3 quarters and one drive Alabama ran it every play of a touchdown drive that covered about 70 yards. Of course PSU scored a TD in the final 2 minutes to make it look like a 2 score game.

The final score is really an injustice of how close the game really was.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 01:00 AM)

I am not sure any Big Ten team belongs in a BCS bowl, but certainly PSU is not the best team in the conference.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 06:17 PM)
So all of Georgia's RB's failed drug tests? Geez. Luckily being on drugs only gets you a one game suspension in college sports, so no big deal.

lol @ the timing.

They play against Florida but they are now suspended against New Mexico.