Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 04:12 PM)
It was the second game of the season with a new QB. I watched that game because I had money on Alabama and Alabama played conservative all game and then just shut it down once it hit the 4th quarter. It was 20-3 thru 3 quarters and one drive Alabama ran it every play of a touchdown drive that covered about 70 yards. Of course PSU scored a TD in the final 2 minutes to make it look like a 2 score game.

The final score is really an injustice of how close the game really was.

All true, yet still closer than any other Bama game this year!

And FYI, Bama almost always drives the field with no passes and scores once a game. Often it is in the opening drive of the 2nd half. Don't be shocked if Alabama doesn't spread it out and throw a lot early against LSU.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 07:58 PM)
They tested positive 2 days before they played Florida. Love the SEC.

I believe they were tested 2 days before. Test results aren't immediate. When the results came in have not been stated publicly. If they were tested before the team left for Jacksonville, its unlikely they are going to get the results and suspend them within the day and a half before the game. In this case, I don't see it as out of the realm of reason.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 03:25 AM)
I believe they were tested 2 days before. Test results aren't immediate. When the results came in have not been stated publicly. If they were tested before the team left for Jacksonville, its unlikely they are going to get the results and suspend them within the day and a half before the game. In this case, I don't see it as out of the realm of reason.

There were rumors last Wednesday that there was a big issue brewing with them.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)

Nah, the had the results, but the schedule showed Florida.

I'm more excited for this LSU-Alabama game than I have been for the last few Superbowls and the last few NC's in college football. Can't wait.

I don't care who wins, but I want it to be an absolute blowout so there's no talk of keeping the loser ranked ahead of one or more unbeaten teams and no talk of a rematch for the national championship.

Rock, you ready to watch a laughably bad IU team in the "Battle of the True Freshmen QBs?" Our offense is actually playing pretty well lately (Tre Roberson and Stephen Houston are forming a solid backfield), but our defense is seriously the worst FBS defense I've ever seen. I'll say our offense surprises a few people and actually does decently against your vaunted defense, but we still can't stop anything. tOSU 55 IU 27

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 06:50 PM)
Rock, you ready to watch a laughably bad IU team in the "Battle of the True Freshmen QBs?" Our offense is actually playing pretty well lately (Tre Roberson and Stephen Houston are forming a solid backfield), but our defense is seriously the worst FBS defense I've ever seen. I'll say our offense surprises a few people and actually does decently against your vaunted defense, but we still can't stop anything. tOSU 55 IU 27

I thought NU's defense was terrible, but last week proved that Indiana is on another tier. It wasn't just the consistently wide open receivers either, they let the highly mediocre Jacob Schmidt run for 110 yards on 15 carries. That was a truly pitiful display of "defense" on both sides.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 07:22 PM)
I thought NU's defense was terrible, but last week proved that Indiana is on another tier. It wasn't just the consistently wide open receivers either, they let the highly mediocre Jacob Schmidt run for 110 yards on 15 carries. That was a truly pitiful display of "defense" on both sides.

You have no idea. It's transcended "so bad it's hilarious" and is just absolutely horrendous. IU's had a terrible defense for a long, long time (possibly forever), but this is impressive even by our standards. I'm hoping that, since most of the players are pretty young, they'll get better over the next few years, along with some better recruits, hopefully (though why better recruits would want to play on a defense this bad is an incredibly good question).

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 06:50 PM)

The two youngest teams in the conference shall meet and make many mistakes.

Seriously I am excited just because I think Braxton needs a porous defense to work against so he can improve his passing. Also Carlos Hyde is back at the #2 spot since Hall is hurt, Rod Smith moved to LB and Berry is suspended. This is a classic trap game though so I feel like it will be close for most of the game with OSU handing off repeatedly.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 08:27 PM)
The two youngest teams in the conference shall meet and make many mistakes.

Seriously I am excited just because I think Braxton needs a porous defense to work against so he can improve his passing. Also Carlos Hyde is back at the #2 spot since Hall is hurt, Rod Smith moved to LB and Berry is suspended. This is a classic trap game though so I feel like it will be close for most of the game with OSU handing off repeatedly.

Maaaaybe. But if you want a porous defense for Miller, here's your chance. He's guaranteed at least two 80-Yard-TDs-On-Broken-Coverage (in addition to the other 250 yards he'll throw for).

See, I still have this weird feeling (which, in actuality, might just be a forlorn hope) that IU will shock everyone and convincingly win a game this year. Like, will randomly just beat a team by two touchdowns, and then go back to being sucktastic. But, like I said, it's probably a forlorn hope.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 04:37 PM)
Pedophile

State

University

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf...oach_jerry.html

There are rumblings that PSU coaches knew and tried to cover it up when an incident happened in the PSU locker room.

More than rumblings, apparently. The ADs been charged with perjury relating to a cover-up.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/colle...0,2931076.story

Man, remember the good-old days when college sports scandals were only about illegal benefits, point shaving, and selling your uniform pants?

Wow, great ending to the Ball State/E. Mich game. BSU took the lead w/ about 4 mins left, EMU had a 1st and goal inside the 1-yard-line, and Ball State held them, forcing a FG with 1:09 remaining, EMU up by 1. Then Ball State drove down the field in 50 seconds with 0 timeouts, and the kicker hit a 44-yard-FG TWICE (timeout was called on the 1st attempt). He had not made a single FG longer than 40-yards all season, and he hits it twice to win the game.

Ball State is now bowl-eligible. Wooo!