Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

Illinois senior LB Henry was shot at a party last night, along with 2 other people. Apparently he was shot in the hand and had surgery on it already, but will miss the remainder of the season. It's been reported that he went to the party only after getting called to get some other football players out of it.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 13, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)
Illinois senior LB Henry was shot at a party last night, along with 2 other people. Apparently he was shot in the hand and had surgery on it already, but will miss the remainder of the season. It's been reported that he went to the party only after getting called to get some other football players out of it.

That's the second Illinois football player that has been significantly hurt after an attack at a party in the last few seasons (Wilson being the other after being stabbed). What the f*** is going on down there? When I grew up in the C-U area the campus never had those problems.

That's the second Illinois football player that has been significantly hurt after an attack at a party in the last few seasons (Wilson being the other after being stabbed). What the f*** is going on down there? When I grew up in the C-U area the campus never had those problems.

My guess is that more and more locals are going to campus parties and starting trouble. Champaign isn't exactly filled with prosperity at the moment, and my guess is more thugs are venturing to campus at night. We've seen a huge amount of armed robberies, assaults, etc around campus the past few years, or they are at least more public about reporting them.

Oh, and if you haven't seen this video yet, check it out:

Armed robbery at Espresso Royale.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 13, 2011 -> 04:44 PM)

My guess is that more and more locals are going to campus parties and starting trouble. Champaign isn't exactly filled with prosperity at the moment, and my guess is more thugs are venturing to campus at night. We've seen a huge amount of armed robberies, assaults, etc around campus the past few years, or they are at least more public about reporting them.

Oh, and if you haven't seen this video yet, check it out:

Armed robbery at Espresso Royale.

Jesus. Yeah that crap never happened when I was there. As a high schooler in the late 90's I was on campus every weekend and never, ever could have imagined something like that.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
As much as college football has sucked for my teams this year, I'm going to enjoy the oncoming BCS cluster.

If Arky beats LSU and OU beats Okie State, all hell breaks loose. Make it happen.

Or just cheer for ISU to beat OK State on Friday night. :)

ESPN at 7 PM, replacing Heat/Cavs.

QUOTE (SnB @ Nov 15, 2011 -> 11:05 AM)

I understand why they want to get rid of him, personally I'm indifferent to the move. He makes Lovie look like an in-game genius with some of his decisions, but he has gotten some talent to Champaign the last few years. Ron Turner left the program in absolute shambles and he did manage to get it somewhat turned around and occasionally relevant. Plus, it's Illinois football. It's not like Urban Meyer is begging to take the job.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 15, 2011 -> 03:39 PM)
I understand why they want to get rid of him, personally I'm indifferent to the move. He makes Lovie look like an in-game genius with some of his decisions, but he has gotten some talent to Champaign the last few years. Ron Turner left the program in absolute shambles and he did manage to get it somewhat turned around and occasionally relevant. Plus, it's Illinois football. It's not like Urban Meyer is begging to take the job.

Maybe they'll get Luke Fickell

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 12:06 AM)
You b****es better cheer for us taking a whack at Goliath on Friday.

Well the upset isn't happening, but I will not root for it anyway, as I don't want any part of an LSU/Alabama or LSU/Oregon rematch. Let's see this Okie St/LSU game if they get by Okla.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 12:49 AM)
Well the upset isn't happening, but I will not root for it anyway, as I don't want any part of an LSU/Alabama or LSU/Oregon rematch. Let's see this Okie St/LSU game if they get by Okla.

You never know. I saw the game in '92 when a much worse ISU team (They were something like #101 out of 107 Sagarin going in) beat a Top 5 Nebraska team, 19-10, and did it with a QB who had never started a game in his collegiate life.

Not likely, but, stranger things have happened.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 12:49 AM)

I'm with you. I absolutely love chaos in the BCS, but I don't see LSU losing again, so I'd rather see them face OK State's high powered offense than Oregon or Alabama again.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 08:20 AM)
I'm with you. I absolutely love chaos in the BCS, but I don't see LSU losing again, so I'd rather see them face OK State's high powered offense than Oregon or Alabama again.

+1 here. Oregon has already bowed out of 2 consecutive BCS bowls, they are done.

So dumb, pinkel. That town is tiny but has many taxi services. I hope he drives Stripes around for a year.

edit: props to mizzou law enforcement for actually reporting it!

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 15, 2011 -> 03:39 PM)

He got talent to the prairie intially, but not as much the "last few years." The pipeline to DC closed once Locksley left, and after that Zook's recruiting has been about on par with what's average for Illinois.

I have no insight or idea as to what the new AD will be looking for in a replacement, but I'm semi-intrigued by Mike Leach, assuming Koenig would be retained or somebody else solid would run defense.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 10:23 AM)
He got talent to the prairie intially, but not as much the "last few years." The pipeline to DC closed once Locksley left, and after that Zook's recruiting has been about on par with what's average for Illinois.

I have no insight or idea as to what the new AD will be looking for in a replacement, but I'm semi-intrigued by Mike Leach, assuming Koenig would be retained or somebody else solid would run defense.

He still gets some guys from Florida though (for example Jenkins). And he somehow manages to get a couple of average rated guys that become NFL quality players. But he's not getting any of the 4 and 5 star guys he got the first few years.

I'm ready for a change. I've always said i'm fine keeping him on as a recruiting coordinator, but let someone else coach. I'm tired of the spread offense. I'm ready for a pro-style offense. Defense seems to be good enough to compete. I'm damn near ready to give the ball to O'Toole and see what he can do. Scheelhaase just can't make enough throws and teams have figured that out.