Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

awful coaching by Mark Richt. 2nd and 8 and you center it for a 42 yard FG on 3rd down? Why not run a play on 2nd and get a few yards, then on 3rd center it to make it a more managable kick? I mean how often do you really see a bad snap on 3rd down, and a rekick on 4th from 7 yards farther?

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 09:54 PM)
awful coaching by Mark Richt. 2nd and 8 and you center it for a 42 yard FG on 3rd down? Why not run a play on 2nd and get a few yards, then on 3rd center it to make it a more managable kick? I mean how often do you really see a bad snap on 3rd down, and a rekick on 4th from 7 yards farther?

Only decision that's been worse the last few days is Richt's state of Georgia peer in Paul Johnson not centering the ball for the potential game winning kick.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)
I love how Bo Pellini, a tremendous douchenozzle btw, thinks his team was the 'better' team today, despite being held scoreless for the last 47.5 minutes.

I don't know how any high school kid actually wants to play for that guy.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 11:37 PM)
Always remember...college kickers suck.

Yeah I don't understand why so many college coaches rely on kickers at the end of games. Stanford had 3 timeouts and plenty of time to take a shot at the end zone or at least try to run for the first down.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 12:38 AM)
I'm so pissed that the Bears finished 8-8 now. We're likely out of the running for Blackmon, Floyd and Jeffery.

Same here. I understand wanting to win, but there was nothing to gain from that. I just don't understand why we were trying to win that meaningless game. Should have played Enderle, sat Urlacher, etc. And if we still won, so be it... but if we lost, then picking at #11 or #12 would get us a chance at Floyd or Jeffery... #19? Not so much.