Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 09:18 PM)
McCarron is playing decent so far, but for the two best teams in the country, they sure have some s***ty quarterbacks.

well to be fair, McCarron is young and playing the second best defense in the country.

Jefferson has always sucked.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 10:56 PM)
College football sucks.

Pretty much. I used to follow it religiously. But all the same f***ing schools get the best recruiting classes EVERY year. College football has become more predictable than the NBA (and it's even more corrupt). And that's pathetic. Isn't that like 6 in a row for the SEC?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 11:38 PM)
Pretty much. I used to follow it religiously. But all the same f***ing schools get the best recruiting classes EVERY year. College football has become more predictable than the NBA (and it's even more corrupt). And that's pathetic. Isn't that like 6 in a row for the SEC?

This.

And yes. 6 in a row.

Edit:

And I REALLY f***ING HATE when people say College Football and Basketball are "pure" sports while the NFL and NBA aren't. It's more f***ing corrupt and less talent.

If you want "pure" go watch f***ing high school, but that has recruiting too so...

Middle school sports?

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 11:44 PM)
This.

And yes. 6 in a row.

Edit:

And I REALLY f***ING HATE when people say College Football and Basketball are "pure" sports while the NFL and NBA aren't. It's more f***ing corrupt and less talent.

If you want "pure" go watch f***ing high school, but that has recruiting too so...

Middle school sports?

Well, to be fair, there's nothing like the NCAA Tournament. It's like getting blown with a Mickey in one hand and a Stogie in the other.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 12:21 AM)
All of that may be true, but I'd still rather watch college sports.

Oh, I understand why some people would prefer college sports. Just don't give me the "pure" s***.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 12:29 AM)
Well, to be fair, there's nothing like the NCAA Tournament. It's like getting blown with a Mickey in one hand and a Stogie in the other.

This is true.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 11:18 PM)
well to be fair, McCarron is young and playing the second best defense in the country.

Jefferson has always sucked.

He did have a decent game, although he missed a few throws that could have clinched it early. Just amazes me these teams can recruit NFL-quality D-lines, yet they miss so badly on QBs and kickers.

I'm still completely and utterly baffled by LSU's offensive play calling last night. I understand that Alabama has one of the most dominating defenses ever but how do you continually try runs, screens, and options that are getting completely stuffed? Not a single effort to try to open up anything down the field and possibly loosen up the defense. With the athletes LSU has at receiver it was worth taking at least some shots more than 5 f***ing yards past the line of scrimmage, no matter how bad their offense was playing as a whole. Really, what did they even have to lose once it got to a certain point?

Also, Jefferson looked absolutely awful every time he tried to run the option last night. Never once did he make a defender commit to him and instead continued to run laterally before making a late pitch and letting his back get crushed behind the line. Jefferson looked absolutely scared from early in the 2nd quarter on.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 11:02 AM)
I'm still completely and utterly baffled by LSU's offensive play calling last night. I understand that Alabama has one of the most dominating defenses ever but how do you continually try runs, screens, and options that are getting completely stuffed? Not a single effort to try to open up anything down the field and possibly loosen up the defense. With the athletes LSU has at receiver it was worth taking at least some shots more than 5 f***ing yards past the line of scrimmage, no matter how bad their offense was playing as a whole. Really, what did they even have to lose once it got to a certain point?

Also, Jefferson looked absolutely awful every time he tried to run the option last night. Never once did he make a defender commit to him and instead continued to run laterally before making a late pitch and letting his back get crushed behind the line. Jefferson looked absolutely scared from early in the 2nd quarter on.

My take is the playcalling was based on pass rush. The Tide were flat out bringing it and the play calling reflected that with screens, runs and options. Of course, Alabama stuffed those too. Then when they took a shot, even at midrange, Jefferson was just off. Not sure Lee woulda brought anything different to the table. LSU didn't show up.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 12:38 AM)

That's also the 1st ever BCS Championship Game loss for the SEC... Really wish OK ST had made the game. I can't stand seeing Bama win another f'n title.

So now the co national champs talks are starting on ESPN because LSU and Alabama split. If there was going to be a circumstance where this game wouldnt establish a champ then they shouldnt have made it the championship game. That aside I think Alabamas performance was one sided enough to prove they deserve the championship. Id have liked to see them play Ok state.