2011 Spring Training thread

easyw

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (3E8 @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 07:06 PM)
I'm going to Glendale for the first time too, so ditto all of the above. Emphasis on the sluts.

I can't tell if it's Daniel Tosh or Gavin Floyd in your avatar, but it did make me realize how much Gavin Floyd and Daniel Tosh look alike.

QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 04:55 PM)
Word is Viciedo dropped more weight. Hopefully this will bode well for him in the outfield.

I think its interesting how this Viciedo-to-the-outfield thing has shifted over the offseason. First it was, he's just going to try to see if he can cover it if needed. Then it was, let's give him a try there. Now, its, he's an outfielder in 2011 and the outfield coach in the minors (Daryl Boston) will be working with him on it. I think this is really the path with him now.

Also, Gonzo noted in an article recently, Viciedo did play RF for one of his Cuban teams. I didn't know that.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)
And another pic from Gonzo:

5r5bp.jpg

The best thing about that picture is where Peavy's hand finishes. His hand is down by his hip is right where you want it. This means he was throwing with his arm in a reasonably high slot.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 06:08 PM)
I can't tell if it's Daniel Tosh or Gavin Floyd in your avatar, but it did make me realize how much Gavin Floyd and Daniel Tosh look alike.

Here's your answer.

He always gives such an elegant interview.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Feb 22, 2011 -> 11:28 PM)
Quentin losing weight has me nervous. There seems to be a positive correlation between losing weight and continued suckage.

Not necessarily. It depends on the weight loss. There's weight loss that comes from losing muscle, but I can't picture Quentin slacking off to hard.

If he sacrificed bulk for a more lean-muscle strengthening regimen, that could really help his game. Usually a leaner build is less injury prone. It could also help him be more agile in the field.

Time will tell I guess.

Do you need to buy tickets beforehand? I'll be over there March 10th - 15th. I assume the cubs/sox game might sell out, but what's the ticket situation for the other games?

I figured we could save on ticketmaster fees if it's not needed.

QUOTE (SnB @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 11:03 AM)
Do you need to buy tickets beforehand? I'll be over there March 10th - 15th. I assume the cubs/sox game might sell out, but what's the ticket situation for the other games?

I figured we could save on ticketmaster fees if it's not needed.

You'll be fine if you buy them there.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Feb 21, 2011 -> 01:08 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2328417:date=Feb 20, 2011 -> 06:08 PM:name=witesoxfan)-->
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 06:08 PM)
<!--quotec-->I can't tell if it's Daniel Tosh or Gavin Floyd in your avatar, but it did make me realize how much Gavin Floyd and Daniel Tosh look alike.

Here's your answer.

He always gives such an elegant interview.

Gavin is such a strange dude. It's really hard to take him seriously.