2010 Federal Tax returns

Texsox

29 members have voted

1. 1. When will you file your 2010 return?

• Before Feb 1
    • February - St. Valentines Massacre
    • March Madness
    • April Showers
    • Extension - Overtime
    • Will not file a return
  2. 2. Did you over pay or under pay?

• Underpay, I owe, I owe
    • Overpay, show me the money!
    • I'm waiting for an all bacon economy
  3. 3. Will you e-file or send in the paper?

• Electronic Filing
    • Signed and mailed in
    • I'm a globe trotting Aussie

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 1, 2011 -> 05:34 AM)
Anyone else having their returns delayed because of last minute changes to the tax code? Mine will not be processed until mid Feb at the earliest.

Same here. The credit I'm eligible for makes it worth the wait though.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 04:44 PM)
Be careful...if the government shuts down on the 4th...those refunds could get delayed a lot.

really? I hadnt heard about that. I submitted it 10 days ago and the state return came today, so I'm thinking Monday or Tuesday at the latest. :pray

I had my return rejected (which has never happened before) because I answered the question wrong about whether I received a "Making Work Pay" credit or whatever it's called. I guess I got 2010 confused with 2009, they said my information didn't match theirs. So I changed that answer and it went up by $500. Ha, can't be mad about that.

Refund showed up in my account on Friday. I know I'm just giving the government an "interest-free loan" every year, but if I had the extra hundred bucks every month I would just spend it on god knows what. This way, its like I get a huge bonus every Feburary to spend on whatever I want, like a toy for my new backyard. :D

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 28, 2011 -> 09:44 AM)
Refund showed up in my account on Friday. I know I'm just giving the government an "interest-free loan" every year, but if I had the extra hundred bucks every month I would just spend it on god knows what. This way, its like I get a huge bonus every Feburary to spend on whatever I want, like a toy for my new backyard. :D

this.

While it doesn't make financial sense to be excited for a refund, I definitely always am. It doesn't hurt that it comes during the most depressing time of the year either.

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 28, 2011 -> 01:27 PM)
About half of mine went that way. It was a nice feeling to finally kill that bill. The only debt I have left is a student loan.

Fortunately that was about all I have owed so far in my 3 1/2 years of school, other than that I paid out of my own pocket. It is nice though after you see that balance at 0

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Feb 28, 2011 -> 04:25 PM)
Fortunately that was about all I have owed so far in my 3 1/2 years of school, other than that I paid out of my own pocket. It is nice though after you see that balance at 0

I have mine to finish and then my kids bills will start coming in.