Sox Sign Lastings Milledge to MLC

soxfan420

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 02:39 PM)
is there room for Stealth Elf, Omar and a 4th OF? Lilly is what he is but at least he can back up IF and OF.

I hope the Sox realize that no matter the amount of positions you can play, if you suck you hurt the team while youre on the field.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 12:39 PM)
is there room for Stealth Elf, Omar and a 4th OF? Lilly is what he is but at least he can back up IF and OF.

Teahen, Castro and Omar are already set for the bench, barring a trade. So that leaves one spot open for Milledge/Lillibridge/De Aza. That is, unless Ozzie opts for a 6 man pen instead of 7, which I doubt occurs.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 12:41 PM)
Teahen, Castro and Omar are already set for the bench, barring a trade. So that leaves one spot open for Milledge/Lillibridge/De Aza. That is, unless Ozzie opts for a 6 man pen instead of 7, which I doubt occurs.

OK. i obviously was impressed with what Omar did last year and would be great if he could duplicate that as a back-up this year, but just a little nervous about that.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 12:41 PM)

This is with Viciedo being in Charlotte, right?

Milledge batted .277/.332/.380 with four home runs and 32 RBI with the Pirates last season, including a .320 batting average and .926 OPS against southpaws.

^^

I say Ozzie keeps him in order and we have ourselves something the team has desperately needed for a long time. KW is awesome.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 01:02 PM)
Milledge batted .277/.332/.380 with four home runs and 32 RBI with the Pirates last season, including a .320 batting average and .926 OPS against southpaws.

^^

I say Ozzie keeps him in order and we have ourselves something the team has desperately needed for a long time. KW is awesome.

We found ourselves a platoon mate for Mark Teahen I guess.

Edited by chw42

Low risk even with all of supposed baggage.

I'd expect him to start the season in AAA unless he tears it up in ST, which is entirely possible.

He crushes lefties though, and there was a role for Andruw Jones doing that, so perhaps Milledge can make it with us doing that sort of role potentially.

I love this move. I don't see anything but upside with it.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 04:02 PM)
Low risk even with all of supposed baggage.

I'd expect him to start the season in AAA unless he tears it up in ST, which is entirely possible.

He crushes lefties though, and there was a role for Andruw Jones doing that, so perhaps Milledge can make it with us doing that sort of role potentially.

What baggage? Are you thinking of Delmon Young, too?