Sox Sign Lastings Milledge to MLC

soxfan420

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 04:36 PM)
Yeah, Fangraphs seems to think he is an average LF and RF, but pretty bad in CF. Seems like it will be up to Rios, Pierre, and Lillibridge to man CF (or does Milledge making the team mean Lillibridge is gone?)

I'm thinking Lillibridge stays and DeAza would be gone since Lilli can play in the infield too.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 05:38 PM)
I'm thinking Lillibridge stays and DeAza would be gone since Lilli can play in the infield too.

I was under the impression that the 25th spot was between Lillbridge and De Aza. And since Milledge is better than De Aza, I would assume it would be The Battle of the Millibridge in spring training.

QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 04:39 PM)

Oney loves him the black guys. Real ones, whatever the f*** that means. I'm gonna assume it means he likes rap?

DAMNIT ONEY! Now I must know what a "real" black guy is!

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 04:42 PM)
I was under the impression that the 25th spot was between Lillbridge and De Aza. And since Milledge is better than De Aza, I would assume it would be The Battle of the Millibridge in spring training.

+1 for Battle of the Millibridge

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 04:49 PM)
I know Edwin Jackson is black (although born in Germany), but is Juan Pierre black, hispanic, or french?

LOL Juan Pierre himself says he's a black man from the south with a hispanic first name and a french last name.

Also, we should ban the mentioning of Oney. I wish he'd just go away.

QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 05:19 PM)
Don't know if this was posted. Milledge in winter ball being...him.

QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 05:11 PM)
I hope they tell him he's not wearing 85, and take out the dreds. This kid needs to be knocked down a few pegs.

Seems like we have our first poster to hate him before he even takes a swing for the Sox!

And it looks like he didn't start anything in that video. The other guy was jawing at him and pushed him first.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)
Oney loves him the black guys. Real ones, whatever the f*** that means. I'm gonna assume it means he likes rap?

DAMNIT ONEY! Now I must know what a "real" black guy is!

+1 for Battle of the Millibridge

FWIW, I think there was a running joke about how Jermaine Dye wasn't really black since Juan Uribe called him a white guy. Everybody probably just went with it.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (lord chas @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 04:59 PM)
whats the deal with the video? did he steal a bag when his team was up big?

I think what happened was he hit a run scoring double, and motioned like he was throwing a hand grenade in his own dugout - hamming it up with his teammates. The opposing team took exception, and he was HBP in his next AB. Well he stole second, and that's when the drama ensued.

Click the link on post #5 for a better explanation.

Edited by Chet Kincaid

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 05:04 PM)
FWIW, I think there was a running joke about how Jermaine Dye wasn't really black since Juan Uribe called him a white guy. Everybody probably just went with it.

Yeah, that was funny.

But Oney was an ass, so it's all in the air.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 05:23 PM)
Was Andruw Jones a minor-league deal?? I thought his deal put him on the 25-man.

It was a 550k deal. It was a Major League deal, but I was just referring to the similarity in money.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 05:09 PM)
Dammit I'll be glad when I reach the point in my life when I'll consider $500,000 to be NO RISK.

Just think of it as 50 cents out of the White Sox' pocket.

Edited by chw42