Sox Sign Lastings Milledge to MLC

soxfan420

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 04:38 PM)
Lots of veterans in New York hated his attitude. He had some issues with the law a few years back as well.

I gave his Wikipedia page a quick read. It mentioned that the other players didn't like that he high-fived some fans on his way back into the field after hitting a big home run, and that it caused some of the veterans to give him s*** for it.

Sounds pretty weak to me.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 04:43 PM)
I gave his Wikipedia page a quick read. It mentioned that the other players didn't like that he high-fived some fans on his way back into the field after hitting a big home run, and that it caused some of the veterans to give him s*** for it.

From what I remember of that story the kid just looked pumped after that HR. It looked like it was all in good fun but you know how some traditionalists take things sometimes (and Im more baseball traditional when it comes to actions too, but the whole situation looked harmless on the field).

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)

I don't know if baggage is the right word, but there has to be a reason why 3 different teams gave up on all that supposed talent so quickly. (Sounds kinda like Edwin Jackson, lol)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 04:58 PM)
I don't know if baggage is the right word, but there has to be a reason why 3 different teams gave up on all that supposed talent so quickly. (Sounds kinda like Edwin Jackson, lol)

The combination of baggage and a career .723 OPS.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 03:58 PM)

I hope he gets a haircut and mashes all season while providing all star caliber defense.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 05:08 PM)
Either the "baggage" is keeping his OPS at .723 or he's just not as talented as everyone hypes him up to be.

He could totally be just as talented as the hype and be one of the guys who never learned how to play up to his talent level.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 05:28 PM)
I thought I read somewhere that he was a below average defender. Is he reported to play plus defense?

Yeah, Fangraphs seems to think he is an average LF and RF, but pretty bad in CF. Seems like it will be up to Rios, Pierre, and Lillibridge to man CF (or does Milledge making the team mean Lillibridge is gone?)