Working, Loafing?

Texsox

24 members have voted

1. 1. Did you miss any days of work during the storm?

• No
    • 4+
    • Define miss? lol

My store stayed closed on Wednesday but I didn't get the OK to stay closed until about 11:00am. Before that, I was obligated to keep in touch with my employees to see if anyone could access the store to open. I was then asked to either take on an extra day later this week (not much of the week to do so) or use a day of paid vacation to "help offset the labor costs and revenue losses." I could have put up a stink, but I just filled out the Paid Time Off form and went about my day.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 09:34 AM)
My store stayed closed on Wednesday but I didn't get the OK to stay closed until about 11:00am. Before that, I was obligated to keep in touch with my employees to see if anyone could access the store to open. I was then asked to either take on an extra day later this week (not much of the week to do so) or use a day of paid vacation to "help offset the labor costs and revenue losses." I could have put up a stink, but I just filled out the Paid Time Off form and went about my day.

Hopefully they remember the sacrifice and later offer an extra day off to "help offset the increased profits and revenue gains" during a busy time.

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 09:38 AM)
Hopefully they remember the sacrifice and later offer an extra day off to "help offset the increased profits and revenue gains" during a busy time.

:lolhitting I doubt it. And unless they change the structure of my bonus, I'll have to make the same amount of revenue in one fewer day this period. It's actually a blessing in disguise though, since my paid time off is maxed out and there's no extra off days in sight for me, this will atleast allow me to earn another day for the future over the next couple of weeks.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 09:48 AM)
:lolhitting I doubt it. And unless they change the structure of my bonus, I'll have to make the same amount of revenue in one fewer day this period. It's actually a blessing in disguise though, since my paid time off is maxed out and there's no extra off days in sight for me, this will atleast allow me to earn another day for the future over the next couple of weeks.

Yeah, it never seems to work that way.