Coffee Talk

Texsox

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 10:46 AM)
Coffee is my lifeline.

I'll have an iced coffee once in a while when I get a taste for it (talking 5 or 6 times a year), but I load it up with tons of sugar and cream. I never understood the fascination with coffee. I don't like the taste, it doesn't wake me up, it makes your breath smell just awful, and it gives you the runs.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 09:49 AM)
I'll have an iced coffee once in a while when I get a taste for it (talking 5 or 6 times a year), but I load it up with tons of sugar and cream. I never understood the fascination with coffee. I don't like the taste, it doesn't wake me up, it makes your breath smell just awful, and it gives you the runs.

Exactly, what's not to like? :lolhitting

Pipes thawed, no signs of leaks. Happier now.

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 09:46 AM)
I am surprised, with all the different varieties it seems like you'd find a few you like.

I just think it tastes too watery, no matter the brand. I love coffee, and I feel like that method of brewing is not pure. :cheers

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 09:49 AM)

Yeah, the smell of brewing coffee just gives false hope for the taste.

Love coffee. I only drink it black and I stick to stuff that has flavor. I have a Keurig (awesomeness) and a pot (which does make a noticeably stronger cup.

People in college or high school probably drink it for show but I don't know anyone in the real world that does it.

My brother drinks coke in the morning because he doesn't like coffee. Anyone else do that?

You just can't beat a big cup of fresh-brewed good coffee. I think a lot of people who "hate coffee" but appreciate other bold flavors have maybe never had a cup of good coffee. I agree with most of the folks that think drip-brewed generic freeze-dried coffee is usually pretty wretched.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 01:42 AM)
I'm also not a fan of coffee, and am REALLY glad to see there are people who agree with me on the subject. Also, I think Krush is dead on about some people drinking coffee for show.

There is an older guy who comes into the club in the morning with a large cup of coffee. I never see him drink out of it. He goes and works out and walks out with it. I keep thinking, "Isn't it cold? Or does he just want to look important?"

I like how this thread has morphed from snowmageddon to coffee talk. :)

I don't drink coffee every day, although I do find it necessary for days that I work. Two cups at the beginning of every shift sets me up for 12 hours of staring at 5 computer monitors (one with Soxtalk on it, of course).

As for the showoffs, I think there are definitely some Starbucks customers who go there for show and drink their products for show.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 01:09 AM)
Coffee does suck. I feel like people drink it/hold it more "for show" than to really drink and enjoy it.

Well, you're wrong. I know it's hard to comprehend that people can have different tastes than your own, but such a concept does exist.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (G&T @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 06:45 AM)
Love coffee. I only drink it black and I stick to stuff that has flavor. I have a Keurig (awesomeness) and a pot (which does make a noticeably stronger cup.

People in college or high school probably drink it for show but I don't know anyone in the real world that does it.

My brother drinks coke in the morning because he doesn't like coffee. Anyone else do that?

Sometimes I'll grab a Coke (no diet bleh) in the morning. It has to be super cold though. Do love the coffee also. I don't have a Kuerig but from the sounds of it, they are awesome.

I wont drink a coffee out of those machines. Most of the time, you'll get coffee ground floaties in the cup. Gross.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 11:19 AM)
Well, you're wrong. I know it's hard to comprehend that people can have different tastes than your own, but such a concept does exist.

I like how you rip on him for ignoring the fact that people can have different tastes even though you also are ignoring the fact that people can have different tastes by saying he's wrong. Stay consistent?