Coffee Talk

Texsox

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 10:23 AM)
I just think it tastes too watery, no matter the brand. I love coffee, and I feel like that method of brewing is not pure. :cheers

I switched from a French press which I liked to the Keurig. The water hitting the beans under pressure seems to pop more flavor. Mine has three water level settings, I can tell the difference between the smallest and largest brew size.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 11:19 AM)
Well, you're wrong. I know it's hard to comprehend that people can have different tastes than your own, but such a concept does exist.

NO YOU'RE WRONG!!!11!!!!1

Are we allowed to voice opinions on this board? LOL

There are definitely people who hold their Starbucks for show. I'm clearly not the only one that thinks that either.

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 10:36 PM)
I switched from a French press which I liked to the Keurig. The water hitting the beans under pressure seems to pop more flavor. Mine has three water level settings, I can tell the difference between the smallest and largest brew size.

Do you use a certain grinder for the French press?

QUOTE (G&T @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 06:45 AM)
My brother drinks coke in the morning because he doesn't like coffee. Anyone else do that?

I'll drink any kind of pop with caffeine in it rather than coffee.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 08:33 PM)
All I know is, Five Hour Energy is a huge scam.

I've had it a couple of times and it seemed to work OK. It works when you just want the caffeine without all the extra liquid.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 12:02 PM)
You guys do any cooking?

There was a show on last night; the guy made a coffee crusted Fillet Mignon with an ancho chile sauce.

I made a brazilian black bean soup recently. Coffee and orange were two main ingredients.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 07:53 PM)
I like how you rip on him for ignoring the fact that people can have different tastes even though you also are ignoring the fact that people can have different tastes by saying he's wrong. Stay consistent?

You seem confused. His statement was "people drink coffee as a statement", which may be accurate for some, but not most. He is incorrect that all folks drink it solely for that purpose.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 07:58 AM)
Tea is where it's at.

Right on. I love coffee but I drink mostly tea. Kinda weird, because here in the Puget Sound area there is an Expresso joint on nearly every corner. I'm not kidding, they're everywhere. There's one spot a few blocks from where I live where there's an intersection with two Starbucks, one across the street from the other. But I've gotten hooked on tea, nothing fancy or anything just mostly Irish Breakfast tea. I drink probably on the average 6 to 8 cups a day.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 6, 2011 -> 12:11 AM)
NO YOU'RE WRONG!!!11!!!!1

Are we allowed to voice opinions on this board? LOL

There are definitely people who hold their Starbucks for show. I'm clearly not the only one that thinks that either.

I think I misunderstood the scope of which your post touched. My apologies.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 12:04 PM)
I think I misunderstood the scope of which your post touched. My apologies.

Yeah, by people I didn't mean all. I should have added a word or two, I posted it too fast/brief. Sorry. I just meant there are some that do it. I know a lot of people do enjoy coffee.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 01:04 PM)
Right on. I love coffee but I drink mostly tea. Kinda weird, because here in the Puget Sound area there is an Expresso joint on nearly every corner. I'm not kidding, they're everywhere. There's one spot a few blocks from where I live where there's an intersection with two Starbucks, one across the street from the other. But I've gotten hooked on tea, nothing fancy or anything just mostly Irish Breakfast tea. I drink probably on the average 6 to 8 cups a day.

Whoa.

I pretty much need my coffee in the morning, or I'm a real crabass...well, more so than normal. However, on the weekends when I can sleep in I don't feel I need it as much. Probably something psychological going on there.

Like beer, I like good coffee. Starbucks to me is decent, but there are better coffees out there. I worked in a coffee shop for a few years, and when I opened the store I would brew lesser known types of coffee (Sumatra, Ethiopian, Mocha Java). A lot of customers were wary until I explained that it's where the coffee is grown.

When I have a cold, tea is my drink of choice. There's not much better to soothe a sore throat than a cup of hot tea.