*Official* Work Out Thread

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 4, 2012 -> 01:30 PM)
I tried taking Hydroxycut before working out back in the day and I got sick from it. Waste of $$

Hydroxycut actually worked as intended, but that was because it contained Ephedrine (also known as ma huang), which was later banned by the FDA and the World Anti-Doping Agency for sale or use. After the ban, Hydroxycut removed that ingredient and continued to sell the product, and while I haven't done any research as to what they replaced the ephedrine with, it was probably high doses of caffeine. So it was as effective as drinking a bunch of coffee before working out.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question about running distance for the math majors on here: Can I assume treadmill distance is calculated merely as a function of time and belt speed and doesn't account for stride length? I've always thought 0% incline treadmill running was supposed to be "easier" than on the road, but lately find myself having a harder time doing equivalent distances and times indoors than out. I'm 6'5" and a long strider, so I'm guessing that I'm actually covering a bit more more ground than the machines at my club are telling me, assuming they're even correctly calibrated to begin with. Does that make any sense?

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Feb 12, 2012 -> 11:32 AM)
A question about running distance for the math majors on here: Can I assume treadmill distance is calculated merely as a function of time and belt speed and doesn't account for stride length? I've always thought 0% incline treadmill running was supposed to be "easier" than on the road, but lately find myself having a harder time doing equivalent distances and times indoors than out. I'm 6'5" and a long strider, so I'm guessing that I'm actually covering a bit more more ground than the machines at my club are telling me, assuming they're even correctly calibrated to begin with. Does that make any sense?

Fair question but I've always had a harder time running outside compared to running on the treadmill.

How's everyone's work out plan going? I'm pretty happy with my results so far(have cut body fat while adding a good amount of muscle) and hoping to get to my ultimate goal within a month or two.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 12, 2012 -> 01:15 PM)
Fair question but I've always had a harder time running outside compared to running on the treadmill.

How's everyone's work out plan going? I'm pretty happy with my results so far(have cut body fat while adding a good amount of muscle) and hoping to get to my ultimate goal within a month or two.

It's been a month for me and I'm seeing a lot of results already. Kinda slacked off a little this past week but I was dealing with a cold. Feeling good about myself though. Went back to visit some friends from school this weekend that I haven't seen since DEC and a lot of people commented.

Came up with my own little workout program too so we'll see how this works in the next couple weeks.

And I feel the same way about the treadmill comment earlier. I'm 6'6 and I feel like I'm covering a lot more ground than what the machine says.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 12, 2012 -> 01:15 PM)

My plan to start working out at 5 AM before work has gone surprisingly well, haven't had a major issue waking up. Now if I could just get rid of all the booze, I might actually lose a bit of weight. (a Polish wedding last night did not help)

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Feb 12, 2012 -> 11:32 AM)

Well doesn't the treadmill just measure how much distance the belt has traveled? I'm not sure how you could travel more or less than some + or - 3 feet, otherwise you would no longer be on the treadmill, correct?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 12, 2012 -> 08:18 PM)
My plan to start working out at 5 AM before work has gone surprisingly well, haven't had a major issue waking up. Now if I could just get rid of all the booze, I might actually lose a bit of weight. (a Polish wedding last night did not help)

Just avoid beer more than anything else...there are plenty of booze alternatives to beer that have far less calories with the benefit of WAY more alcohol by size.

Even light beers tend to be about 100 calories each, and for what, 3.2-5% alcohol? Great, now you have to drink 10 of them.

Or, you can learn to drink harder alternatives, that while will be 100 calories, you only need to drink one.

So who wants to get fit and get paid?? I just signed up to be a fitness/motivational coach for http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/Beasthart . It's an incredible opportunity, you do have to sign up/buy a challenge pack to become a coach. The challenge pack is $239 dollars (tax and shipping included) and you get a fitness program like p90x, some delicious and nutritious Shakeology shakes, and you become a club member which gives you access to a ton of helpful stuff and can earn you money! I signed up yesterday and already made 70 bucks and I haven't even began my p90x program yet!

I'd love to start a challenge with those of you that are interested, best transformation wins a pair of Sox tickets on me!

whoevers down I'll start a facebook page for us to see how everyones doin and make it real legit.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 21, 2012 -> 05:24 PM)
I'm down 13 pounds in the last 5 weeks I've been doing my thing. I don't weigh myself very often, but I had to do it last night. 227, down from 240. The results I'm seeing are great.

Great work! Keep it up!

I'm pretty happy myself. Have seen great results from P90X2. I'm right towards the end of Phase 2 but am going to have to take a bit of a break because I will be road tripping it to the CHI and hanging around for a few weeks. Hopefully I don't get too fat on pizza and other fine Chicago fare.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Feb 21, 2012 -> 03:39 PM)
So who wants to get fit and get paid?? I just signed up to be a fitness/motivational coach for http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/Beasthart . It's an incredible opportunity, you do have to sign up/buy a challenge pack to become a coach. The challenge pack is $239 dollars (tax and shipping included) and you get a fitness program like p90x, some delicious and nutritious Shakeology shakes, and you become a club member which gives you access to a ton of helpful stuff and can earn you money! I signed up yesterday and already made 70 bucks and I haven't even began my p90x program yet!

I'd love to start a challenge with those of you that are interested, best transformation wins a pair of Sox tickets on me!

whoevers down I'll start a facebook page for us to see how everyones doin and make it real legit.

Let's make sure we don't see anymore spam, please.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 22, 2012 -> 11:21 AM)
Before my house went boom sticks I was in the best shape of my life. Lifting more than I've ever lifted and down to my lowest weight ever. Unfortunately I've had to eat like s*** the last 6 days and now I feel like crap. Back at it today, excited!

There isn't anything like a great workout to take your mind off things, and get some frustration out.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 22, 2012 -> 12:51 PM)
Let's make sure we don't see anymore spam, please.

its not spam man, its a great opportunity, ive already made 70 bucks and im closin in on signing another coach for another 70 bucks....Even if all I do is get 5 coachs i would have already made my money back plus 150 bucks.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 03:58 PM)
its not spam man, its a great opportunity, ive already made 70 bucks and im closin in on signing another coach for another 70 bucks....Even if all I do is get 5 coachs i would have already made my money back plus 150 bucks.

Pyramid Scheme.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 06:24 PM)
Pyramid Scheme.

true but theres still money to be made

You make 25% of what you sell. If you manage to get 5 coaches to do p90x or any of the other top level fitness programs you make your money back plus a 100 bucks which even it stops there I'm fine with, I just got paid a 100 bucks to do p90x and take some shake....those 5 people you get however are more than likely gonna wanna get the shakes for another 2 months while theyre 90 day challenge is goin on and at 15 dollars per order of shakeology youre lookin at another 150 bucks over that 2 month period....so if you only get 5 people your bound to make at least 250 bucks plus your original investment back.

I know I'm fully invested in this because I get random urges to go work out or I'll feel extremely guilty if I didn't do anything physical on any given day. Hell, I DESPISE running but I've been getting after it on the treadmill when I can.

I'm back!

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 07:14 PM)
true but theres still money to be made

You make 25% of what you sell. If you manage to get 5 coaches to do p90x or any of the other top level fitness programs you make your money back plus a 100 bucks which even it stops there I'm fine with, I just got paid a 100 bucks to do p90x and take some shake....those 5 people you get however are more than likely gonna wanna get the shakes for another 2 months while theyre 90 day challenge is goin on and at 15 dollars per order of shakeology youre lookin at another 150 bucks over that 2 month period....so if you only get 5 people your bound to make at least 250 bucks plus your original investment back.

yeah it actually is legit. there are people who have turned this into their career.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 24, 2012 -> 10:55 AM)
Well I could sell timeshares and that would be legit, too.

I think the point is that this is not the appropriate place for that.

An official work out thread?? seems like a perfect place for this! You get paid to workout!!

If there were an official timeshares thread then go for it man itd be worth a shot, as me posting this here is as well...I really think its a great opportunity and I wanted to spread the word to my favorite message board....if this was against any kind of rules I apologize and feel free to delete my posts

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 27, 2012 -> 08:50 AM)
f*** this. I'm gonna be committed again. Sis and future brother-n-law are doing Insanity right now. Ima do it when I wake up around 2 pm or so (stupid Insomnia) and hit the weights a bit at my job since there's a gym in there. Summer weather is upon us...

About time, you slob ;)