*Official* Work Out Thread

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 01:28 PM)
For those that do not know what a Burpee is, it's called a Squat Thrust in the US.

1. Begin in a straight standing position

2. Drop to squat position with your hands touching the floor

3. Extend your feet back in a quick motion into a pushup position

4. Return to the squat position

5. Jump straight up/land

6. Repeat

No, I don't really know where Burpee originated.

I've always heard "burpee"

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering we're getting ready to possibly think about taking that next big life step, the wife and I thought a treadmill in the house would be handy. We settled on this one: http://www.2ndwindexercise.com/shop/silver...ct-xp-treadmill

2nd wind is awesome - we wound up leaving with that bad boy and a 5 year warranty for $880!

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 11:13 PM)
Got a foam roller via this threads recommendation.

And if I understand correctly....roll it to the muscle that's tight then just roll repeatedly, correct?

Also got ankle braces for practice to help build leg strength.

I wish I could show you how, maybe youtube it.

Basically you want to roll SLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWW, its going to hurt. The IT bands go from your hip to your knee so lay the roller on the floor, brace yourself on one of your arms in almost a side plank position with the side of your leg on the roller and go really slow up and down. Do this for a min each side. Then I do quads, hammys and sometimes my lower back.

I repeat, its going to hurt for awhile, just do it and you'll adjust.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 6, 2012 -> 10:04 AM)
10 min calorie burn. Good for mobile workers. I do it in hotel rooms all the time, easier than a full workout but good enough to burn off a beer or so.

Now change it to frog burpees and you'll be able to have even more beers :)

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 8, 2012 -> 10:04 AM)
Hey remember when I was saying diet can cure/prevent all disease? Proof.

I'm not so sure this is proof of your specific claim, especially when you say infinite things like "all". Not to mention, diet is merely part of the equation he poses here, not the entire equation.

Nobody is claiming a proper diet cannot help prevent disease/sickness...but it CANNOT prevent all diseases, and damn sure cannot "cure" them. When speaking of the latter, you use the word 'cure', which means you first have to be stricken with said disease, and then decide to eat right to cure it...but that's not reality. Sometimes once you get the disease, it's over.

If all these little kids that get Leukemia at the age of 2 had to do was eat right in order to be cured...I'd be quicker to agree with you. I don't think we're there quiet yet, however.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 8, 2012 -> 01:10 PM)
I'm not so sure this is proof of your specific claim, especially when you say infinite things like "all". Not to mention, diet is merely part of the equation he poses here, not the entire equation.

Nobody is claiming a proper diet cannot help prevent disease/sickness...but it CANNOT prevent all diseases, and damn sure cannot "cure" them. When speaking of the latter, you use the word 'cure', which means you first have to be stricken with said disease, and then decide to eat right to cure it...but that's not reality. Sometimes once you get the disease, it's over.

If all these little kids that get Leukemia at the age of 2 had to do was eat right in order to be cured...I'd be quicker to agree with you. I don't think we're there quiet yet, however.

you, sir, did not watch the whole video. it's possible that many of us have small little cancers growing in us right now. ALL people will develop cancer if they live long enough. HOWEVER, by cutting off the blood flow to said cancers, they cannot grow. And if you eat to prevent that blood flow, you're subsequently preventing cancer.

ugghghghgh and i HATE when you use my hyperbole as if i truly mean that this will help in EVERY SINGLE CASE. use your brain. obviously i'm not suggesting that it's going to cure every instance of cancer. and as he says, once it gets to the point where it's full blown metasticized cancer, all you can do is slow it down and help people live longer. But turns out, this method works better than anything we're currently doing ala chemo.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 8, 2012 -> 02:33 PM)
you, sir, did not watch the whole video. it's possible that many of us have small little cancers growing in us right now. ALL people will develop cancer if they live long enough. HOWEVER, by cutting off the blood flow to said cancers, they cannot grow. And if you eat to prevent that blood flow, you're subsequently preventing cancer.

ugghghghgh and i HATE when you use my hyperbole as if i truly mean that this will help in EVERY SINGLE CASE. use your brain. obviously i'm not suggesting that it's going to cure every instance of cancer. and as he says, once it gets to the point where it's full blown metasticized cancer, all you can do is slow it down and help people live longer. But turns out, this method works better than anything we're currently doing ala chemo.

Unfortunately, I did watch the whole video.

Now, if you want to speak in absolutes, which you did, I will respond accordingly. I'm not going to "assume" to know what you meant. If you didn't mean "in every single case", than don't say that. :)

And furthermore, you didn't even specify cancer, you said ALL diseases, which is even worse. I responded fairly, to exactly what you said.

Had you said that a proper diet can help cure/prevent certain diseases, I would have agreed...but you didn't, you went out of your way to include the word "all", and when I responded in an equally crazy hyperbolic way, you got mad and turned all green and muscly. :P

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 8, 2012 -> 02:50 PM)
Unfortunately, I did watch the whole video.

Now, if you want to speak in absolutes, which you did, I will respond accordingly. I'm not going to "assume" to know what you meant. If you didn't mean "in every single case", than don't say that. :)

And furthermore, you didn't even specify cancer, you said ALL diseases, which is even worse. I responded fairly, to exactly what you said.

Had you said that a proper diet can help cure/prevent certain diseases, I would have agreed...but you didn't. ;)

the proper diet can help cure/prevent:

cancer

diabetes

alzheimers

obesity

arthritis

multiple sclerosis

and more.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 8, 2012 -> 02:55 PM)
the proper diet can help cure/prevent:

cancer

diabetes

alzheimers

obesity

arthritis

multiple sclerosis

and more.

Man you missed my edit where I called you the Incredible Hulk. ;)

hey y'all. there's a special deal right now where you can get RevAbs from Beachbody and Biggest Loser trainer Brett Hoebel for 67% off. Normally $90, for $29 and no shipping. Crazy. Full 90 day program, 13 workouts, everything. $29

http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/R...ingRepId=142203 if you're interested.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 01:14 PM)
My leg still says "f*** YOU" whenever I do it.

:P

It will for awhile, in fact I did a ridiculous leg circuit yesterday and rolled for about 5 min total and it killed. Feels much better the day after though.

I did well over 130 burpees in my 10 min circuit stage yesterday, my knees were screaming last night but loosening up the IT band and my hammies really helps recovery.

Does anyone know of a good program to use that will help plan out meals?

I'm trying to follow the 1.5g protein per lb for strength training, but I have a real hard time finding semi easy to make meals/snacks ahead of time.

I've found quite a few places online that will give you like a weeks worth of meal plans, and the shopping list to go with it, but nothing that you can actually tailor to what i'm looking for. They seem just to be weight loss or family meal plans.

I guess the short of this is I suck at planning, and am looking for a way to help me improve my weekly meal planning to make sure i'm getting enough protein in my diet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 02:32 PM)
Does anyone know of a good program to use that will help plan out meals?

I'm trying to follow the 1.5g protein per lb for strength training, but I have a real hard time finding semi easy to make meals/snacks ahead of time.

I've found quite a few places online that will give you like a weeks worth of meal plans, and the shopping list to go with it, but nothing that you can actually tailor to what i'm looking for. They seem just to be weight loss or family meal plans.

I guess the short of this is I suck at planning, and am looking for a way to help me improve my weekly meal planning to make sure i'm getting enough protein in my diet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The issue with these types of restrictive diets, as with most any diet plan, is they require *time*, especially if you want taste. Anyone can boil chicken breasts and refrigerate them -- they're a great near fat free protein source -- but boiled chicken is mostly tasteless.

Eating fresh takes a lot of time, because it means constant grocery shopping, as things only stay fresh for a few days at best, meaning constant return trips to the store to continue on. It also tends to be expensive if you're looking for variety.

The idea, as with any diet or diet specific to what you are trying to accomplish, is finding a way to do it WITHOUT upsetting your usual life, while taking time restrictions into account. There will be days when you just don't have the time to do things in your usual way, and that's that. Take Rock for example, creating a workout program he can do in his hotel room in a very small amount of time because of his situation/time restrictions. It's about creating contingency for when everything doesn't fit a schedule.

Unfortunately, the easiest way to do what you're attempting to do is with protein shakes/water, which, for the most part, taste terrible...and it can also be expensive. But, when on the go, they'll do exactly what you're looking to do.