*Official* Work Out Thread

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 20, 2012 -> 01:18 PM)
it really just depends on what your goals are. but if you want to drop 20, 25 pounds. I can all but guarantee you that after 90 days of P90X you'll accomplish that. If you're willing to put in a little effort and eat better, it's totally attainable.

Running is great, but it wont get you the results near as quickly, and wont help all the other aspects of your fitness that P90X does. If you're interested enough to do some more research on it, PM me and I can direct you to some good stuff. I'll even put aside our political differences. that's how much I believe in this thing. :P

How liberal of you. ;)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 20, 2012 -> 12:26 PM)
So this p90x thing....is it worth it? I'm 6' 235lbs and need to drop some weight (200-210 would be ideal). I was running more at the end of last year to prepare for a 5k in November (completed) but my wife is now pregnant and I guess in sympathy (more likely laziness) i've gained some weight. My diet routine needs to change and can change pretty easily, but I'm wondering if running 3-4 miles every other day is enough or if I should start a program like p90x. I'm not looking for some massive weight loss in 2 weeks. But I know myself and if I'm not seeing results pretty quickly I lose my interest/drive to continue on.

hey man i messaged you but i can't see it in my sent messages folder... i hope it went through. if not, lemme know and i'll try to rehash

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 04:30 PM)
I got it. I'm gonna look into it more for sure. I'm going to need to do something at home since a baby is on the way and my wife probably wouldn't like it if i took off for an hour or two a night.

coolio. yeah that's kinda what i was thinking too.

Ive been doin p90x for 3 weeks on monday now and I've gotten great results! I started at 305 and have lost 16 pounds so far! Thats including the fact that im using the heaviest bands possible and gaining mad muscle!!

I think shakeology shakes are helpin me a lot with the weight loss on top of that too, I feel awesome since I started taking em...

I still work for beachbody.com so if youre interested in any fitness programs or supplements please dont hesitate to throw me a PM

Spent a week in Savannah and it basically turned out to be the equivalent of a Spring Break for me, so I got really behind. Had a late night workout last night then got up this morning and did P90X Core and Ab Ripper, and hit some batting cages today too. Gotta go hard this week to make up for last week.

I'm down to 220 now from 240. It's really nice to hear people tell you you look great or that it looks like I've lost some weight. I am definitely seeing the results, which is way more important to me than a number. Pretty proud of the progress I've made with the limited amount of equipment/space I have.

And props to you 2nd city saint! 16 pounds in 3 weeks is awesome!

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 12:33 AM)
Spent a week in Savannah and it basically turned out to be the equivalent of a Spring Break for me, so I got really behind. Had a late night workout last night then got up this morning and did P90X Core and Ab Ripper, and hit some batting cages today too. Gotta go hard this week to make up for last week.

I'm down to 220 now from 240. It's really nice to hear people tell you you look great or that it looks like I've lost some weight. I am definitely seeing the results, which is way more important to me than a number. Pretty proud of the progress I've made with the limited amount of equipment/space I have.

And props to you 2nd city saint! 16 pounds in 3 weeks is awesome!

Thanks man and congrats to you as well, how far are you into p90x are you???

That 16lbs was actually in 2 weeks! 9 pounds week 1, 7 pounds week 2, and then today I had my week 3 weigh ins this morning and I've dropped another 5 spot! I actually skipped friday and saturday too cause I'm nursing my DRose injury (groin was hurting, thought I mighta had a hernia or something but I woke up today with no pain so I'm gonna be back at it tomorrow).

My upline coach on beachbody.com says she knows the person who does all the p90x infomercials and if i keep going the way im going shes gonna try to get me a spot on an infomercial!! Thats def added motivation for me right there!!

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 11:20 AM)
Thanks man and congrats to you as well, how far are you into p90x are you???

That 16lbs was actually in 2 weeks! 9 pounds week 1, 7 pounds week 2, and then today I had my week 3 weigh ins this morning and I've dropped another 5 spot! I actually skipped friday and saturday too cause I'm nursing my DRose injury (groin was hurting, thought I mighta had a hernia or something but I woke up today with no pain so I'm gonna be back at it tomorrow).

My upline coach on beachbody.com says she knows the person who does all the p90x infomercials and if i keep going the way im going shes gonna try to get me a spot on an infomercial!! Thats def added motivation for me right there!!

I'm not actually on the P90X program really, I just include some of the videos into my workout program based on what I'm working on or when I need to add cardio.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Mar 24, 2012 -> 10:57 AM)
Ive been doin p90x for 3 weeks on monday now and I've gotten great results! I started at 305 and have lost 16 pounds so far! Thats including the fact that im using the heaviest bands possible and gaining mad muscle!!

I think shakeology shakes are helpin me a lot with the weight loss on top of that too, I feel awesome since I started taking em...

I still work for beachbody.com so if youre interested in any fitness programs or supplements please dont hesitate to throw me a PM

ok lets call a spade a spade though. you don't ACTUALLY work for beachbody.com. You're an independent coach, who, if you sell their products, makes a commission. but my guess is that you became a coach just to make shakeology cheaper. Correct? If you haven't finished the program yet, it's hard to figure you have all that much credibility on the coaching side of things...

NOT to discredit your results - which have been great so far. Congrats on that! But it comes across disingenuous to try and sell a product you've been familiar with for only two weeks.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 26, 2012 -> 01:09 PM)
ok lets call a spade a spade though. you don't ACTUALLY work for beachbody.com. You're an independent coach, who, if you sell their products, makes a commission. but my guess is that you became a coach just to make shakeology cheaper. Correct? If you haven't finished the program yet, it's hard to figure you have all that much credibility on the coaching side of things...

NOT to discredit your results - which have been great so far. Congrats on that! But it comes across disingenuous to try and sell a product you've been familiar with for only two weeks.

Now you see, you've made me go and agree with Reddy.

Somewhere in our solar system, a black hole was just created. :/

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 26, 2012 -> 02:09 PM)

Well yes youre right I'm an independent Fitness/Motivational coach, more so on the motivational side. I was talked into becoming a coach by my upline coach who is genuinely making 500+ a week from this (I've actually met with her before and shes shown me a few checks she has posted in her workout room) .... So no im not in it to get shakeO cheaper, I'm in it to potentially make money and motivate others to get into shape.

No I havent finished the program yet but I'm on week 4 now with great results proving that even a 300+ pounder can do it, so I'm out there trying to motivate people to joining in on my fitness journey.

I've made 90 bucks so far, from selling 2 p90x and 1 shakeO that was ordered on home direct so ill be getting 30 ever month until she cancels(she loves it so far so she'll be around at least another month) so even if my selling stops I've got half my original 230 dollar investment back along with a better body and few more years on my life.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 27, 2012 -> 12:06 AM)
I always get excited to do P90X plyometrics. Then 20 minutes in, I hate myself. And the next day, I hate myself even more.

I personally believe the P90X plyo workout is the best leg workout there is, it translates to things you do everyday in a way lifting weights (squats, etc) never translate too. It's pretty much the only P90X video I still use, because otherwise I prefer running on the treadmill, rollerblading or lifting weights for other workouts. IMO, P90X can never hit my arms/chest/shoulders/back as hard as free weights can, but when it comes to leg workouts, I think Plyo-X is tops.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 27, 2012 -> 06:56 AM)
I personally believe the P90X plyo workout is the best leg workout there is, it translates to things you do everyday in a way lifting weights (squats, etc) never translate too. It's pretty much the only P90X video I still use, because otherwise I prefer running on the treadmill, rollerblading or lifting weights for other workouts. IMO, P90X can never hit my arms/chest/shoulders/back as hard as free weights can, but when it comes to leg workouts, I think Plyo-X is tops.

completely agree on Plyo. P90X hit's my arms and back pretty well - chest I agree though. I miss doing chest flys - that's what really get my pecs sore. some day i hope to buy an adjustable bench so i can just add those in to the chest workout.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 27, 2012 -> 10:35 AM)
completely agree on Plyo. P90X hit's my arms and back pretty well - chest I agree though. I miss doing chest flys - that's what really get my pecs sore. some day i hope to buy an adjustable bench so i can just add those in to the chest workout.

You really don't need a bench to do flys, you can do them laying on the ground if you have some dumbbells. ;)

I f***ing hate the plyo workout from P90X just because it is so repetitively grueling...but man, I always love how I feel afterwards.

They actually toned down the plyo workout for P90X2...it's shorter and less repetitive, but still gets your heart and lungs going pretty well.

I like the adjustments they made.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 27, 2012 -> 07:56 AM)

I agree with you. I don't actually do the program, I just pick and choose videos and incorporate it into my own thing. The plyo is awesome for the lower body, and the thing I love most about it is that it focuses a lot on explosiveness and muscle bursts, which really increases your overall athleticism.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 27, 2012 -> 02:31 PM)
why am i an idiot. you're a genius.

Well, to be reasonable, the bench makes it easier and allows you to go further than the ground will, but you can still perform the move, even if not as well as with a bench.

Looking for some good healthy meal ideas, I currently eat the following:

Meal 1:

2 or 3 scrambled eggs (max of 2 yolks) no oil or butter.

sprinkle of cheddar cheese

toasted whole wheat bread

Sriracha or some other sauce

Meal 2:

3/4 cup cooked brown rice

2 eggs scrambled

zero calorie wing sauce

boiled chicken breast

(put it all in a pan to cook together)

The 2nd meal I also make in a fried rice fashion, but with no oil or butter but with some frozen veggies and different low cal sauces/seasonings.

Im looking for stuff that can be made quickly, or added to these meals to change them up a bit. I also eat lots of salad (with limited dressing) and have been trying to eat more vegetables and fruits (especially those that fall under the negative calorie category).

I also drink a protein shake after working out.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 09:44 PM)
Looking for some good healthy meal ideas, I currently eat the following:

Meal 1:

2 or 3 scrambled eggs (max of 2 yolks) no oil or butter.

sprinkle of cheddar cheese

toasted whole wheat bread

Sriracha or some other sauce

Meal 2:

3/4 cup cooked brown rice

2 eggs scrambled

zero calorie wing sauce

boiled chicken breast

(put it all in a pan to cook together)

The 2nd meal I also make in a fried rice fashion, but with no oil or butter but with some frozen veggies and different low cal sauces/seasonings.

Im looking for stuff that can be made quickly, or added to these meals to change them up a bit. I also eat lots of salad (with limited dressing) and have been trying to eat more vegetables and fruits (especially those that fall under the negative calorie category).

I also drink a protein shake after working out.

That a whole hell of a lot of protein with 4-5 eggs, chicken and a protein shake.

Lately I've been watching my intake a lot.

Breakfast is either oatmeal with fruit (a banana or strawberries/blueberries) and a fiber one bar OR 3-4 eggs, scrambled, eaten alone.

That's the goal, but mostly to cut down on fat so I've been looking into alternatives for the cheese since that's where most of my fat comes from and I should be getting enough from the eggs.

I don't always have the chicken, since I get tired of the boiled chicken taste/dryness that results from freezing it after cooking it.