Harry Caray statue at Wrigley defaced

Balta1701

I don't condone this.

The statue outside Wrigley Field of legendary Chicago Cubs broadcaster Harry Caray has been vandalized.

Cubs spokesman Peter Chase says most of the white spray paint that appeared on Sunday has been removed. The graffiti said "Sox" and a second, illegible word. Chase says the team is trying to find out any details about the defacement.

It's not the first time the bronze statue has been vandalized. Chicago police removed a dead goat carcass found hanging around it in October 2007.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 05:48 PM)
No real Sox fan would deface that statue considering his roots with our club as well. Tasteless.

It looks like a jab at the Sox although no one knows what it says.

QUOTE (G&T @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 04:54 PM)
It looks like a jab at the Sox although no one knows what it says.

Almost like they were trying to write something bad about the Sox but got spooked and wrote nothing. Of course Cubs fans will look at it like its a Sox fan doing it and that we took time out of wrenching on our IROC's and snorted some meth and came up en masse to deface their statue.

QUOTE (since56 @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 06:38 PM)
A cub fan did it to make us sox fans look like trash. We all know how jealous they are of us. A real ballpark and a world series trophy who could blame them? Besides any defacing of anything Cub can't be all bad.

It made me laugh so I have no choice but to support it. Next step is hiding some rotten meat somewhere in the stadium. It's like college all over again.

oh my god do some of these dumb ass sox fans really make the fan base look bad. If they had half a brain they would realize defacing that statue was a terrible idea for one there going to get caught and seeing as the guy started out with the sox and spent a great deal of time here.... My god im only 19 and really have to shake my head at this. Is our generation really that dumb...