Is this right?

ESPN has rated Juan Pierre no. 6 out of all possible outfielders. Is this MLB or Tee Ball? Are these guys serious about this list or do they they just get together to make these drunken blunders at the local ESPNzone bar? Is this 6th best outfielder or the 6th worse. maybe it's just a typo. I think Buster Olney might have a drug problem. Now I understand why they call it fantasy baseball. No offense but there is no way Juan Pierre is better than Matt Holliday/Ichiro Suzuki or has more fantasy value. :nono :nono

QUOTE (WhiteSUX @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 08:25 PM)
You just got Bieber'd

ui1279039237.jpg

New desktop background, thank you!!!

I'm probably the only one disgruntled that we did Biebs first and then he whored himself out to all MLB teams in the name of youth love/fans....

Edited by ROC Sox Fan

New desktop background, thank you!!!

I'm probably the only one disgruntled that we did Biebs first and then he whored himself out to all MLB teams in the name of youth love/fans....

If I'm reading this right Biebs should be ranked 6th among all outfielders not Juan Pierre.post-8252-1297216016_thumb.jpg

QUOTE (WhiteSUX @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 07:12 PM)
ESPN has rated Juan Pierre no. 6 out of all possible outfielders. Is this MLB or Tee Ball? Are these guys serious about this list or do they they just get together to make these drunken blunders at the local ESPNzone bar? Is this 6th best outfielder or the 6th worse. maybe it's just a typo. I think Buster Olney might have a drug problem. Now I understand why they call it fantasy baseball. No offense but there is no way Juan Pierre is better than Matt Holliday/Ichiro Suzuki or has more fantasy value. :nono :nono

Depending on the type of league Juan has a lot of "fantasy value" specifically for stolen bases. A standard 5x5 roto league uses the SB as one of the five offensive categories that you look to win. Since most fantasy scoring systems are variations from the original rotisserie system, stolen bases hold high value in most fantasy formats, clearly increasing Juan's value.

Edited by ChrisLikesBaseball

WhiteSux if you want to stick around, you should try less to get a rise out of Sox fans and try and discuss the game a little bit more. We appreciate fans of other team fanbases that can be respectful.

Now I know how Shoeless Joe felt. Because I feel we really haven't done anything to get a lifetime ban post-8252-1297219866.jpg

Depending on the type of league Juan has a lot of "fantasy value" specifically for stolen bases. A standard 5x5 roto league uses the SB as one of the five offensive categories that you look to win. Since most fantasy scoring systems are variations from the original rotisserie system, stolen bases hold high value in most fantasy formats, clearly increasing Juan's value.

I forgot he had all of those SB's last year. but I thought someone with a better average ,HR's and RBI would have a higher ranking.

QUOTE (WhiteSUX @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 08:52 PM)
Now I know how Shoeless Joe felt. Because I feel we really haven't done anything to get a lifetime ban 51i6YIW9wBL__SL500_AA280_.jpg

Do you hear that? worlds smallest violin, worlds saddest song, for you....

you arent banned. Right now.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
Is this right? The White Sox have won more playoff games than the Twins over the past 3 years? And the White Sox have more World Series titles in the past 10 years? But I thought the Twins were one of the top teams in the league!

Did you know? Joe Mauer has never won a playoff game. True story.

Did you know? Joe Mauer has never won a playoff game. True story.

You guys do realize we've been in the playoffs 6 out of the last 9 years. while you have been watching pre-season bears games at hooters sports bar. Alright I'll give you guys the 2005 season but at that time the baseball world was still in shock by the red sox winning the 2004 series. You guys really pulled a fast one on us.

QUOTE (WhiteSUX @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 11:11 PM)
You guys do realize we've been in the playoffs 6 out of the last 9 years. while you have been watching pre-season bears games at hooters sports bar. Alright I'll give you guys the 2005 season but at that time the baseball world was still in shock by the red sox winning the 2004 series. You guys really pulled a fast one on us.

What's that? Sorry, I can't hear you with your hands around your neck.

Please don't say "us" when talking about the Twins. You do not represent them. I'm sure most Twins fans would be as just as annoyed by your tenure here as Sox fans would be if one of us were to visit TwinsTalk.com and act like an idiot over there.

What fun is the playoffs when you're being swept by the A's and Yankees?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
Is this right? The White Sox have won more playoff games than the Twins over the past 3 years? And the White Sox have more World Series titles in the past 10 years? But I thought the Twins were one of the top teams in the league!

The Sox have twice as many playoff victories in the past 6 years than the Twins do in the past 19.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 11:27 PM)
The Sox have twice as many playoff victories in the past 6 years than the Twins do in the past 19.

The last time the Twins won a playoff game, George W Bush was President...and he would be re-elected less than a month later. I had just started my junior year in high school. Barry Bonds had 703 home runs. Jeromy Burnitz finished 8th in the NL in home runs.

Should I keep going on? It could be pretty fun.