Is this right?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 11:39 PM)
The last time the Twins won a playoff game, George W Bush was President...and he would be re-elected less than a month later. I had just started my junior year in high school. Barry Bonds had 703 home runs. Jeromy Burnitz finished 8th in the NL in home runs.

Should I keep going on? It could be pretty fun.

Damn, I wasn't even an alcoholic back then.

QUOTE (WhiteSUX @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 11:11 PM)
You guys do realize we've been in the playoffs 6 out of the last 9 years. while you have been watching pre-season bears games at hooters sports bar. Alright I'll give you guys the 2005 season but at that time the baseball world was still in shock by the red sox winning the 2004 series. You guys really pulled a fast one on us.

We? You have Ozzie in your avatar and are on a Sox board. We've been there there twice buddy.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 11:36 PM)
Give sux a little credit. He's forced Kalapse out of his off-season coma.

Then he should be warned of his impending doom. Kal don't mess around.

The last time the Twins won a playoff game, George W Bush was President...and he would be re-elected less than a month later. I had just started my junior year in high school. Barry Bonds had 703 home runs. Jeromy Burnitz finished 8th in the NL in home runs.

I was 12.

Wait? You mean the same year that New York Yankees right fielder Gary Sheffield finished 2nd in AL MVP voting and a couple of young AL West 3B were showing the game a glimpse of the future with career years: the incomparable Hank Blalock (23, .855 OPS, AS) and the unstoppable Eric Chavez (26, .898 OPS).

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 11:20 PM)
Please don't say "us" when talking about the Twins. You do not represent them. I'm sure most Twins fans would be as just as annoyed by your tenure here as Sox fans would be if one of us were to visit TwinsTalk.com and act like an idiot over there.

Fun fact, TwinsTalk is a website for parenting tips on Twins.

Must not be a loyal fanbase.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Feb 9, 2011 -> 12:00 AM)
Wait? You mean the same year that New York Yankees right fielder Gary Sheffield finished 2nd in AL MVP voting and a couple of young AL West 3B were showing the game a glimpse of the future with career years: the incomparable Hank Blalock (23, .855 OPS, AS) and the unstoppable Eric Chavez (26, .898 OPS).

Wow, those two had great careers. Meanwhile, over in the AL East, the Orioles were in the process of becoming relevant again and had the AL OBP leader and a better 3B than either of those two - THE Melvin Mora. Over in the NBA, the Minnesota Timberwolves were the best team in the Western Conference while the Indiana Pacers had the most wins in the NBA that year with 61. The two worst teams in the NBA that year? The Orlando Magic (21 wins) and the Chicago Bulls (23 wins). In the NFL, the Bears started 4 different QBs - mad props to anyone who can name all 4 - and Lovie Smith was a rookie head coach.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 9, 2011 -> 01:37 AM)
Wow, those two had great careers. Meanwhile, over in the AL East, the Orioles were in the process of becoming relevant again and had the AL OBP leader and a better 3B than either of those two - THE Melvin Mora. Over in the NBA, the Minnesota Timberwolves were the best team in the Western Conference while the Indiana Pacers had the most wins in the NBA that year with 61. The two worst teams in the NBA that year? The Orlando Magic (21 wins) and the Chicago Bulls (23 wins). In the NFL, the Bears started 4 different QBs - mad props to anyone who can name all 4 - and Lovie Smith was a rookie head coach.

Chad Hutchinson, Craig Krenzel, Kordell Stewart, Jon Quinn?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 9, 2011 -> 12:06 PM)
That list is impressive compared to Henry Burris.

Ugh, don't remind me of that game. I was a UIUC student then and actually drove back down to Champaign during winter break for that cold Sunday Night game. I know it was the SB champ Tampa defense, but still, he was BAD. What's funny is that he is now a star in the CFL, I think he's won MVP awards up there.