MLBN lists

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 10:09 AM)
I follow baseball, I really do.

I have never heard of Neil Walker.

There seemed to be a bit of a bias toward young NL central players on that list.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. I am the most knowledgeable baseball person I know (in person), and I still can't figure out who Neil Walker is.

QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 11:26 AM)
Catchers:

1. Joe Mauer

2. Buster Posey

3. Brian McCann

4. Victor Martinez

5. Yadier Molina

6. Carlos Santana

7. Carlos Ruiz

8. John Buck

9. Kurt Suzuki

10. Matt Wieters

Posey over McCann? Wow, I generally like MLB Network. But they really dropped the ball with these lists.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 01:14 PM)
I think they also forgot what the definition of "now" is

Really, you'd be surprised if Buster Posey outperformed Brian McCann this year?

In 2/3 of a season last year, Posey put up an .862 OPS. McCann has put up better than that number only 2 seasons in his career; 2006 and 2008. The last 2 years, he's put up .834 and .828 OPS's.

Posey could always pull a 2nd year Beckham, but there's nothing outrageous about expecting him to outperfom McCann next year.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)
That's a sore subject with me. WTF AT&T you need to get your s*** together and make MLB Network available. I'd hate to go crawling back to wack ass Comcast.

If Uverse had MLB it would be the best option out there IMO. I keep hoping ever opening day it will show up like NBA tv did this season

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 01:19 PM)

In 2/3 of a season last year, Posey put up an .862 OPS. McCann has put up better than that number only 2 seasons in his career; 2006 and 2008. The last 2 years, he's put up .834 and .828 OPS's.

Posey could always pull a 2nd year Beckham, but there's nothing outrageous about expecting him to outperfom McCann next year.

That was a reference to the job they did overall with the list, not Posey vs McCann

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 12:19 PM)

Maybe, maybe not. McCann has been the best catcher not named Mauer for the last 5 years. He's proven. There's no worrying if he can repeat or maintain his performance. Don't get me wrong. I love Posey. But there's no way he should be ranked ahead of McCann. Unless you (not you) are intoxicated off of World Series kool-aid.

I mentioned it in the catch all thread when the episode aired, but no Rios is a joke.... And for those who didnt see the SS episode, the reason they mentioned Alexei being so high on the list was "defensive issues..." that's just straight dropping the ball like ignorance....

Another list for you all to digest:

Top 9 POWER RANKINGS pre-srping training:

9. Brewers

8. White Sox

7. Cardinals

6. Rangers

5. Tigers

4. Yankees

3. Giants

2. Red Sox

1. Phillies

SHOCKED to not see the Twins on there....

QUOTE (Cali @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 04:40 PM)
I mentioned it in the catch all thread when the episode aired, but no Rios is a joke.... And for those who didnt see the SS episode, the reason they mentioned Alexei being so high on the list was "defensive issues..." that's just straight dropping the ball like ignorance....

He had defensive issues like 2 years ago. Do none of the people who write these things do any kind of fact checking?

QUOTE (Cali @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 05:24 PM)

9. Brewers

8. White Sox

7. Cardinals

6. Rangers

5. Tigers

4. Yankees

3. Giants

2. Red Sox

1. Phillies

Shocked to see the Tigers 5th...

QUOTE (Cali @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 05:24 PM)

9. Brewers

8. White Sox

7. Cardinals

6. Rangers

5. Tigers

4. Yankees

3. Giants

2. Red Sox

1. Phillies

Tigers, Cardinals and Rangers all extremely overrated there.

I don't think there has been a team since the '03 Marlins who have less of a chance to repeat than the Giants.

Even with Lincecum/Cain/Bumgarner, They had so much go right in '10 and followed by a very quiet off-season....And that division is always tough and close...

QUOTE (Cali @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 05:38 PM)
I don't think there has been a team since the '03 Marlins who have less of a chance to repeat than the Giants.

Even with Lincecum/Cain/Bumgarner, They had so much go right in '10 and followed by a very quiet off-season....And that division is always tough and close...

Eh, that division still isn't all that great. They get into the playoffs and those top 3 can certainly carry you to another title. I sure as hell wouldn't bet on them to repeat but if they do indeed get back to the playoffs, they'll certainly have a shot.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 05:40 PM)
Eh, that division still isn't all that great. They get into the playoffs and those top 3 can certainly carry you to another title. I sure as hell wouldn't bet on them to repeat but if they do indeed get back to the playoffs, they'll certainly have a shot.

Didn't even mentioned Jonathan Sanchez who is much better than Bumgarner, at this point. Only the Phillies can match their 1-4, and even they can't match the Giants' pen. I think the Giants have a good chance to play the Phillies for the NL pennant. At that point, who knows what happens.