MLBN lists

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 05:53 PM)
Didn't even mentioned Jonathan Sanchez who is much better than Bumgarner, at this point. Only the Phillies can match their 1-4, and even they can't match the Giants' pen. I think the Giants have a good chance to play the Phillies for the NL pennant. At that point, who knows what happens.

Still not impressed with that offense aside from Posey. They got a lot of out of nowhere years from Huff, Torres, Burrell, ect. The Giants are tailor-made for 5 and 7-game series. Not so much the 162 game grind. Now if Sandoval bounces back and this Brandon Belt kid is as good as I'm hearing, that will make a huge difference and probably make them the prohibitive favorite. I like the Rockies in that division FWIW.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 06:49 PM)
Still not impressed with that offense aside from Posey. They got a lot of out of nowhere years from Huff, Torres, Burrell, ect. The Giants are tailor-made for 5 and 7-game series. Not so much the 162 game grind. Now if Sandoval bounces back and this Brandon Belt kid is as good as I'm hearing, that will make a huge difference and probably make them the prohibitive favorite. I like the Rockies in that division FWIW.

You don't say?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 07:39 PM)
You don't say?

What are you implying? Honestly, I really like the Felipe Paulino, Ty Wiggington, Matt Lindstrom additions. Yes, I know Paulino's numbers flat suck. But his stuff is real. If he could ever harness it hell be a hell of a pitcher. I expect breakout years from De La Rosa and Ian Stewart.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 07:41 PM)
CarGo is going to be the MVP and Cy Young this upcoming season.

If anybody could do it...

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 07:50 PM)
What are you implying? Honestly, I really like the Felipe Paulino, Ty Wiggington, Matt Lindstrom additions. Yes, I know Paulino's numbers flat suck. But his stuff is real. If he could ever harness it hell be a hell of a pitcher. I expect breakout years from De La Rosa and Ian Stewart.

If anybody could do it...

Ha, I actually agree with you that the Rockies are the favorite to win that division. That being said, the Giants are on my short list of teams who I think can win the World Series this upcoming season, and the Rockies aren't. Kind of odd but that's how I see it.

Another list they're doing is the 20 Greatest Games, of which the White Sox will not show up, but before they narrowed it to 20 they had choices from every decade from the 60's (i think) till now, and not ONE White Sox game was in the possibilities to be the 20 greatest....

QUOTE (YASNY @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 12:06 AM)
MLBN ran a "Top 10 Starting Rotations" over the weekend. The '05 Sox came in at a surprising number 6. The only rotation listed above them from the last 50 years were the '97 Braves.

That's better than FoxSports or SI who did a top 20 rotations in history, and the '05 Sox were not even on the list or in the honorable mentions, yet the '05 Astros were ranked.

QUOTE (soxsider11 @ Feb 14, 2011 -> 10:57 PM)
Does martinez and benoit really lift detroit from a .500 team to the 5th best team in the league? I guess guillen is coming back as well but they still have alot of question marks. Even with all the arms the twins lost i still put them above the tigs.

I don't see it either. I have them pegged right around .500.

QUOTE (Cali @ Feb 14, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)
Another list they're doing is the 20 Greatest Games, of which the White Sox will not show up, but before they narrowed it to 20 they had choices from every decade from the 60's (i think) till now, and not ONE White Sox game was in the possibilities to be the 20 greatest....

Surprised Game 3 wasn't in the consideration

QUOTE (Cali @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 03:06 PM)
They are doing Top 100 players in baseball right now...

#48 - Adam Dunn

#47 - Paul Konerko

I have a feeling those might be the only representative's the Sox will have

Yeah, I would think so. Can't believe Alexei wasn't listed between 49-100. He is vastly underrated it seems.

The other night, Al Leiter cited Alexei's error total, and said that his defense would have to improve if he's going to be higher on the shortstop list. Yikes.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 02:17 PM)
Yeah, I would think so. Can't believe Alexei wasn't listed between 49-100. He is vastly underrated it seems.